𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1- 𝐵𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑏𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑔𝑎𝑚𝑒

Sitting back down on the bleachers for the bottom of the 6th inning, the bleachers were cold since it was basically fall in North Denver. I sat alone watching the coach swap pitchers as a new batter came up. I let out a sigh as I watched the baseball game. Me and Myla would always come to these games together. Myla had gone missing about a year ago and no one has seen her since. One after another people started to go missing. Billy Showalter was the last kid to have gone missing. I wasn't friends with anyone who had gotten kidnapped. Myla wasn't kidnapped i refuse to believe she did. Watching my little brother Charlie play baseball was pretty boring it wasn't like the big leagues where home runs were more common.

I loved my little brother though. He was a optimistic person in general. I don't even know what the team names were but since he was 13 he was able to move up where the 14 year olds play. I was 14 so some of these kids went to my school and were my age. It was so embarrassing seeing kids from my school out in public. I never missed a game though I mostly just read a book instead of watching the game but I had forgotten my book today forcing me to pay attention to the game. The batting line up was at the top again so it was their best hitter, Bruce Yamada. I have like 2 classes with him this school semester so obviously I knew who he was. Plus he was a charming boy, he always volunteered for stuff.

"Go Finney!" I heard a girl yell from a few feet away from me. That must have been the pitchers name. "Bruce!" My brother and his team chanted. Finney pitched the first ball after he was done warming up and it was a strike. I clapped my hands knowing I wouldn't have been able to hit that either. 2nd ball was also a strike. It was a tied game right now so if Bruce brought someone home my brothers team would win. But if Bruce struck out they would have to go another inning making me wait longer to go home. 3rd ball was in the middle of the strike zone and 'CRACK' the sound of the ball hitting the bat made me flinch. It was pretty loud sound for this only being 14 year olds and it scared me since I didn't think he would hit it that hard.

Bruce ran the bases while watching the ball go over the fence making the ball he had just hit a home run. I clapped getting up from where I was sitting as everyone else did too. My brother and his teammates surround home plate chanting Bruce's name as he jogged to home. They all cheered as he stepped on home plate. They all said their good games before everyone started it pack all of their things getting ready to leave with their families. "Charlie hurry up!" I whispered shouted at him as he walked out of the dugout. My 1 goal was getting out of there before anyone from school sees me. "Charlie wait!" I heard a voice shout as we both turned around. "You forgot your batting gloves!" Bruce said holding them up.

I elbowed my brother and mumbled "Say thank you!" My brother rolled his eyes mumbling a thank you as Bruce smiled. "Thank you if he lost those I would have kicked his ass." I said laughing a little bit about to walk off. "Y/n right?" Bruce asked as I nodded. Fuck. "Charlie go walk to our bikes I'll be over in a minute." I said waving him off. "Your brothers really good at the game." Bruce said pointing to the field. "Yeah, you are too." I said as he smiled thanking me. "I've never had a pretty girl come to my game before." Bruce said smiling as I blushed. I stayed more to myself so I wasn't used to this attention. "Thank you. Well I better get going before Charlie goes without me." I said scratching the back of my neck getting embarrassed.

"Yeah I understand. I'll see you around?" He said and I nodded walking over to me and my brothers bikes. "What took you so long?" Charlie asked as I rolled my eyes. "Come on lets go." I said as we both started to ride back to our house. "You and Bruce know each other?" My brother asked as we got off our bikes and started to walk into the house. "We're in the same grade dipshit of course we do." I said opening the door to the house and walking to my room. It was a sunday meaning my parents were on a date. I walked into my room the smell of cigarettes hitting my nose immediately. "Damn that's strong as hell." I said grabbing perfume and spraying it everywhere. I laid on my bed before lighting another cigarette. I only smoked on sundays since my parents weren't home.

"Y/N!" My brother shouted. "WHAT?" I shouted back but no answer. I groaned and walked to the front door. Cops. "Hi?" I say as they look at my cigarette. "I really don't feel like writing a ticket so I won't but stop smoking." The detective said. I nodded throwing my cigarette in front of them and burning it out with my foot. "What seems to be the problem?" I say as they look around making sure no one else was outside trying to over hear our conversation.