Chapter 14 - Gonna take a lot to get me away from you -

Mike stormed out of the house. He was fuming. Who the hell did David think he was? Grabbing him and pushing him out of Will's house. Will hadn't even said anything to him. How could Will not have told him sooner? I mean of course Mike had suspected maybe Will was gay. He never talked about girls or got a girlfriend when the rest of them did, but why would he start dating a guy he met this week?

Mike drove to his house, breathing heavily and looking furious the whole way. He felt like he had lost Will. They hadn't been talking recently and Mike felt bad, and that wasn't even the only shitty thing happening in his life right now. El had dumped him on Wednesday. So he had no girlfriend and no best friend. Great. He was alone.

The door slammed behind him as he stormed into his house. "Michael!" His mother exclaimed. "What's wrong?" Mike rolled his eyes storming up the stairs. "Nothing Mom!" He screamed behind him. Lying on his bed the adrenaline from the massive blowup at Will's house started to disappear and he was left with the realization. Oh God. Will was going to hate him.

Mike sat there desperately trying to get the image of Will's wounded stare out of his mind but all he could see were those brown eyes staring at him, then glancing to David for support. How could he have not seen it? Will thought he was mad about him being gay not for dating David. A small part of Mike's mind told him that he shouldn't care if Will was dating David as long as he was happy, but Mike ignored that.
He groaned rolling out of bed and walked down to the kitchen. His mom was making dinner and frowned when Mike walked into the room.
"Care to explain the outburst earlier young man?" She looked irritated with him but not furious, so Mike figured he was in the clear and his mom was just being nosy.
"I got in a fight with Will." Karen stared at him confused. Will and Mike didn't fight so of course it was surprising. "And Jane broke up with me." Karen raised her eyebrows sympathetically assuming this was the real reason Mike was upset.
She embraced her son and said, "Oh honey I'm so sorry." Mike sighed and leaned his head against her shoulder. "S'okay mom, it's been coming for a while. We both knew it. "Karen nodded "It's still hard though." Mike sighed into her shoulder.
"I'm gonna call Will and try to sort things out okay."
"Alright Sweetie. I love you."
"Love you too mom."
Mike sighed as he walked down to the phone basement. She really was trying her best, he admitted to himself. He dialed the Byer's number and heard it ring... and... ring... and ring...'till finally someone answered.
"Byer's residence." That wasn't Will, it was David. He was still there?!?! Mike calmed himself, this was about Will not him.
"Hi David, it's Mike."
David's voice was unmistakably angry "What do you want Mike."
"I'm really sorry about earlier, but things didn't go the way I intended, and I have to apologize to Will."
"I think you've done enough. It took me half an hour to calm him down and he only just fell asleep." Mike cringed. He had made Will cry. God, he had really fucked this up.
"Okay, can you please tell him I called?"
"No." David said firmly.
What?
"Why not!?" Mike said, getting worked up again.
"You need to stay away for awhile Mike. Stay away from my boyfriend."
Before Mike could respond with a retort David hung up the phone. What the hell? How was he supposed to make it up to Will now?