Chapter 2

"They say all's well that ends well, but I'm in a new hell"

~~~

You awoke later, alone in In-ho's bed. You looked around for a moment, your eyes adjusting to being awake, and saw In-ho sitting at his desk. He was intently reading a book, unaware that you'd just woken up. Yawning, you rested your head on your hand and quietly observed him.

You couldn't quite place what it was that drew you to him, but your circumstances certainly aided in that. Your conversation from the night before swirled in your mind, when he said he helped you because you're... pretty? What kind of answer is that? He seemed so superficial and genuine at the same time. Part of you felt he was being like that just to have sex with you, or just to have someone to talk to... but the way he treated you made you feel otherwise. He didn't have to stop you last night, or say such considerate things to you.

You felt like you connected with him on a deeper level, even though it should be a meaningless one night stand. Because you two had gone through something so traumatic, it felt much more serious. But did he feel the same?

After several moments of your mind spinning, you realized In-ho was looking at you, slightly amused. When you became aware of him, he softly laughed.

"Are you okay?"

You sighed and rubbed your face, lying on your back. "Yeah. Just thinking."

In-ho sat up and walked over to you, sitting next to you on the bed. "About what?"

"Everything."

He leaned over and kissed your cheek. "Are you feeling better?"

You took in a deep breath, your emotions threatening to take over again, but this time it was easier to keep them at bay. You nodded. "What are you reading?"

He laid down next to you, the two of you crowded again on his small bed. "Picasso. There's an exhibit nearby, I was thinking of going."

You nodded, your mind churning again. With the day ahead of you, you really had to think about your next move. At some point, you'd have to return to real life, and realistically probably wouldn't see In-ho again. In fact, you thought he might be waiting for you to leave if he was trying to make plans elsewhere.

You sat up, wrapping your arms around yourself, feeling vulnerable like you had the night before. You wanted to say something but were hesitant, and settled for getting out of bed and putting your clothes on. In-ho gave you a curious look when he realized you were fully getting dressed and not just going to the bathroom.

You put on your coat and stood there awkwardly for a moment. "Well... thanks for the food last night."

In-ho sat up. "Do you have to leave?"

"I should probably... go?" You gave him a questioning look. You didn't really want to leave as you had nowhere to go.

"Oh. Well, if you have to go..." His face dropped slightly, almost undetectable but you noticed. He almost seemed to be pouting, and you figured then that your presence was welcome.

You sat next to him on the bed. "Do you want me to stay?"

"Do you want to stay?"

"Yes."

~~~

Later that day, you were walking outside with In-ho. The air was extraordinarily cold for the time of year, but inside you were warm. You'd just walked through an art exhibit with him, and now you were walking around basically aimlessly. No cares in the world, at least not at that moment.