Observer

My family likes to call me an observation tower because my brain is wired like that which some find interesting, cool, or that I have a power. The tower part comes in due to how I miss the obvious. Like how I literally helped James pick up what he dropped and never saw what he was wearing, his bright red sweater! How? I guess that is just how I am made?

"Umm Robin are you okay?" Said James snapping me back. "You've been starting at me wiredly for a bit." "Oh my bad, I've just noticed your sweater your wearing and have been wondering how long you have wore it for." I said smiling a little but wide. "How long he has wore it? He's been wearing this whole time idiot!" I scold myself. "Uh thanks I guess." James mumbled. For a while there was an awkward silence between us and it was interrupted by the bell. "And that is our sign that we will all be hearing from our parents!" Said Steve trying to be funny scarcitly. We all sigh at the same time and walk out glummly. "Come on I'll walk with you." Said Steve. "Thanks." I said as we walked to our next class. "What is my next class?" I thought for a sec while following Steve's shoes. I got glummlier realizing what it was as we entered the class. "Oh ya math." I sigh rolling my eyes. "Hey it shouldn't be too hard." Said Steve comforting me. " Says you! Math is a breeze for you plus didn't we have that quiz today?" I ask as we sat down.

"No, it's next week and besides," Said Steve pointing towards the board. "It saids next week so lighten up." He said. "Alright class. Shush up!" Said our math teacher Mr. Calvin walking in slowly. As much as I dislike the subject math Mr. Calvin was cool and nice. So cool and nice that we get to call him by his first name. And he's got a country accent. "I have to tell you something and from the looks you ain't going to like it." Said Mr. Calvin. He takes a deep breath before speaking the worst words you didn't want to hear from any teacher, "I have tried to find a substitute teacher but for some reason!" He threw his hands up and walks to his decks. "I haven't found one and next week is my vacationing days so I am very sorry to say this..." He pause taking a stack of paper. I cover my head like I'm about to get hit in the head and whispered quickly, "please don't let those papers be the quiz." Crossing my fingers he continued, "we are going to do the quiz tomorrow." I gasp of relief was heard throughout the class. "But!" He held his finger up, "that should give you time to get studied up enough to not fail." "Seens when have I ever studied?" Then he said quickly "If you fail that's on you not me, no excuse! End! Of! Discussion!" I giggle at this.

-

"Freedom!" I yell walking out the front doors of the school. "Well just for today don't forget." Said Steve ruining my moment. "And for that you own me a milkshake!" I smirk at him giving him a nough on the shoulder. "Fine." He said with a sturn expression. I smile in reply as he rolls his eyes. I hear someone yell my name from behind me and both me and Steve turn to see it was Clemnitime. She ran down the school steps almost triping in the process. "Robin guess-" She said catching her breath from almost falling. "Guess what I just saw on the board!" She finally spit out. "Oh ya I know. Emma is in the play." I say in disgust rolling my eyes. "Um what are talking about?" She said confused. I look up at her confused also. "Ya that's what Steve told me." I said pointing to him. Clemen snicker. "Ya he did this morning." "I don't know why but he lied." She said snickering some more. I snap my head towards Steve who puts is hands up in surrender as I do so. As I was about to jump on Steve someone put their hands on my hips and tickle making me scream.

"Haha got you again." Said James as the others laugh. "He always gets me." I laugh along with others. Blake had also been in on the laughs as well. After we all settled Blake ask "So who do you think you are going to be for the play?" "Honestly I might back out." I said. Everyone looked asking why. "Well if Emma is going to be in it then what's even the point?" I said shugging. A screech was heard from the other side steps. We all groan as what made the sound came towards us. "Speak of the devil." Said Blake. Emma ran towards and addressively grabbed James arm. "Hi James." Said Emma in a sweet and flirty tone. I roll my eyes at her greet. "Hey Emma. We were just talking about you. Heard you were going to be in the play?" Said James as he took many attempts to remove Emma's hands from his arm. "Oh ya, do you hope I get a good part?" She asked batting her long fake eye lashes. "Um" He started to look at all of us basically begging for help. Blake then cleared his throat very loud getting her attention on all of us.

"Oh it's you guys" She said as her sweet voice disappeared. "Me and James were just talking." She continued to boast fliping her hair. "Gosh why does she have to be so obsessed?" "Oh have you guys seen my new sunglasses Daddy bought me? They are very sparkly." She said tapping and making very obvious that they were there. "Oh speaking of Daddy their he is finally!" Emma said looking out the parking. She was spitting toxic out at this point. "Bye, James. I'll see you tomorrow." She said back in her sweet tone. As we all waved bye for some reason we all let out a tired groan. "Finally." I said. "Agreed." Said Steve. Clementine went  on to mock her making us all laugh. "Man, she can really grab." James said holding his arm.

A gus of wind blew and dried up leaves scraped along the concrete walk way as we continue to laugh and talk. Blake brought up something that happened in summer reminding me that me and Steve were to go get milkshakes. I slapped his arm getting his attention and reminded him. "Hey can I come with you two?" Asked James "My parents are not home so I need something to do." I didn't hesitate to nod. "We should probably get going then." Said Steve. I started to skip along the walk way and sing "The wonderful wizard of Oz" making everyone laugh. We all said bye and parted ways.