Part 8 - Why?

I crawled into the hospital bed next to Jamie that night and he rolled over facing me. He frowned stroking my hair muttering "you look pale.... Are you okay? How's Declan?" I shook my head and cuddled into him tightly, he put his arms around me and I gulped. "Declans girlfriend drowned." Jamie stared at me wide eyed and then he kissed my forehead and held me tightly. I closed my eyes and I muttered "I don't know how we are gunna help him through this." Jamie sighed gently and kissed my forehead muttering gently

"We'll get through this baby. Declans a strong kid. He can do this." I sighed deeply and nodded before staring at the tattoo on Jamie's neck. I bit my lip blushing I soon whispered "when did you get this?" I let my fingers trace the letters. He groaned and bit his lip he took my hands sitting up a little. "It was meant to be a surprise. Our initials. I got it the day after me and you kissed for the first time. Do you remember that night?" I blushed even more. Oh boy did I. I wondered how I had never noticed it and then it clicked. For years Jamie adopted the upturned collar look. I blushed thinking of the night where it all began. Our first ever kiss. Our first exchange of "I love you" before we drifted toward the people now known as our exes.

Friday July 18th 2011

I made my way to Jamie's house wondering what we would do tonight. His parents were away on business and mine had agreed that I could stay at Jamie's tonight. Leaving two fifteen year olds alone for a night probably wasn't a good idea but who cared right? I hugged myself and knocked on his door trying to get out of the cold winters night. I stomped my feet to attempt to regain feeling in my toes. Jamie opened the door with a cute kind smile "come in!" I blushed and walked inside. His home had a sort of Victorian feel to it but it was gorgeous. I had always liked exploring it with Jamie, safe to say it was a huge house. Our hide and seek games could last for hours.

But I had a feeling we wouldn't be playing hide and seek tonight. Jamie ordered us a pizza and we both sat down on the couch. Jamie grabbed the remote flicking through TV channels and he looked beautiful. Jamie always wore a smile on his cute little face and if I was hurting. He was the only one able to end my tears and make me giggle. Jamie was my best friend in the whole wide world. And I loved him. More than he would ever know. I smiled and he finally picked a move on the horror channel. Amityville Horror.

I hid my face behind my pillow as Ryan Reynolds killed his dog due to being made to kill it by an evil spirit. Jamie always laughed when I got scared watching a movie. He held me tonight but didn't laugh at all. Something was different. What was going on? I smiled and moved away "what did you get for your birthday?" Jamie smiled at me excitedly and started rambling about all of his presents. I listened intently and smiled gently I reached into my pocket and took out my little present. I gave it to him and he ripped the paper off quickly he looked down at the necklace in his hands and beamed talking excitedly "it matches yours!" The necklace was silver and had the words best friend scribbled in under a picture of a lion. I had gotten a tiger on mine because my mother had said I was a tiger. Strong, quick and smart. I had gotten Jamie a lion because Jamie had always been courageous, strong and protective. Jamie smiled and I blushed "yes. They're friendship necklaces. To show that no matter how far apart we are. We will never truly part. We are united. And will always be best friends."

Jamie smiled and then we stared at eachother silently for a while, Jamie edged closer and I did too. He pressed his lips to mine and I closed my eyes.

Present Day

I was snapped out of my thoughts as a woman with black hair and chocolate brown eyes entered Jamie's room. She had on a black trench coat, red heels and suit pants. Mrs Jordan. Andy's mother. I got off the bed and walked to her. I did pity her, she had lost her only son. But she was not going to come in here and cause an argument. She frowned and looked at Jamie before looking back at me "how is he?" I shrugged looking back at the love of my life. I sighed "he's recovering, how can I help you Mrs Jordan?" She played with the cuffs of her coat sleeves looking down. "I know it's a lot to ask considering everything Andrew did to you and Jamie.... But.... He loved you... And... His funeral is next Tuesday.... I'd really like it if you came to say goodbye...." My eyes widened as I stared at her. What?...