ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟡

Third POV

Victoria ran away as she left a footprint in the mud. Behind her were a hunting party, several dogs, and half a dozen armed men."Guys, we got something," Charlie announced. The Deputies hurry to him. They gathered around to see the footprint."It's human," Charlie said as he looked up.

The dogs started to pull them in a certain direction. As the posse took off at a sprint, Victoria jogged up to her mate and Laurent. They waited atop of a knoll, watching them. "They took the bait," Victoria told him.''By tomorrow they'll be halfway to Winnipeg," James added.

Victoria lasciviously grabbed James' shirt and pulled him to her."I love when men chase me," She smirked. He grinned, then started taking off her clothes. They pulled each other toward the woods with carnal lust. It barely registered with Laurent, who continued to watch the posse with concern.

Daphne's POV

I walked down Bella's stairs as Bella and I entered to find Charlie cleaning a rifle. Bella placed a beer next to him. He started to say thanks but Bella interrupted. "I have a date with Edward Cullen," Bella spoke up. He suddenly looked like he was having an aneurysm. Oh great. "He's too old for you," Charlie replied."We're both juniors. I thought you liked the Cullens," Bella added. "And I thought you weren't interested in any of the boys in town," He reminded me. "Edward doesn't live "in town." And it's in the early stage and, whatever they're outside right now," I responded. "Now? They're out there?" Charlie asked. "He wants to meet you." I say " Officially," Bella added. "Good," Charlie sighed as he cocks the rifle in mock seriousness. "Be nice, okay? He's... important," Bella asked. Charlie gave her a reassuring nod, then she opened the door to reveal Edward. He was in parkas and gloves. "Chief Swan. I wanted to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward," Edward introduced himself as he extended his hand.

Charlie took it, but grunted a hello, resisting him. "We won't keep Bella out late tonight," Edward told him. "We're just going to go play baseball with mine and Daphne's family." "Bella is going to play baseball?" Charlie asked. Bella's equally surprised but hides it. "Yes, sir, that's the plan," Edward agreed. "Well. More power to you, I guess," Dad sighed. "She'll be safe with me, sir, I promise," Edward told Charlie. As Edward exited, Charlie held Bella back. "You got that pepper spray?" He asked us."Dad," she said as we walked out. We climbed into a massive Jeep parked in the drive. "Your father thinks you two should go to an all-girls school," Edward told us. "No fair, reading Charlie's mind," I sighed as they climbed into the Jeep. Bella notices a baseball hat."And since when do vampires like baseball?" Bella asked us. "It's the American pastime," I tell her, as I put on a baseball hat. "Plus, there's a thunderstorm coming. It's the only time we can play. You'll see why," Edward told her as he started the Jeep. He drove us to a clearing in the woods.

Storm clouds gathered in the sky as we pulled up in the Jeep. We took in a rough baseball diamond and set into an enormous field in the lap of the Olympic peaks. I see Thomas and Abigail in the outfield and Maddie with Alice as the pitcher. Esme and Emmett come to greet Bella and me. "Good thing you're here. We need an umpire," Esme told Bella as we walked with her " and a batter" she added looking at me. "She thinks we cheat," Emmett smiled at us. " Just by that, I know you cheat," I say as Emmett play hits me before running into the field. "Call 'em as you see 'em, Bella," Esme told her. I kissed Jasper's cheek, grabbing a bar. "Good luck," I told him, smirking at him. "Yes, Ma'am," Jasper told me. Alice was on the Pitcher's Mound with Maddie. "It's time," Alice announced just as a deep rumble of thunder shakes the forest. I could tell Bella was excited to see this. Bella stays by Esme who plays catcher. Emmett even climbed a tree, making Rosalie comment.

"My Monkey Man," she smiled. Alice pitched with lightning-fast speed. Edward, Thomas, Abigail, and Emmett take positions in the outfield. Rosalie hit the ball with the aluminum bat. It cracked like thunder and was followed directly by real thunder. "Now I get why you need the thunder," Bella told Esme as I watched, waiting for my turn. The ball shot like a meteor deep into the forest, rocketing through the trees. Edward disappeared after it. "That has to be a home run," Bella noted. "Edward's very fast," Esme told me. Rosalie darted around the bases, as Edward raced out of the forest with the ball and whipped it to home plate. Esme caught it a millisecond before Rosalie slid in. "Yer out?" Bella asked as Esme nodded. Rosalie just glared at Bella as she walked away. "Come on, babe," Emmett called out to her. "It's just a game."