Chapter 6

I decide to go into my bedroom and take a look at the dress. It's a beautiful silver dress with a hint of blue, the same colour as my powers.

After a few struggles of putting it on and getting my head to go in the right place it fits perfectly. When I look in the mirror I don't recognise myself. The woman in the mirror is shy and polite, the pinnacle of high society, me being the complete opposite. It's one of the reasons why my father kept me hidden, I didn't fit in with his people. I'm twirling around a bit, admiring the beauty of the dress, when there's a knock on the door.

I open the door and see a She-Elf standing there with a suitcase. "Milady, I was sent to do your hair." She says.

"Alright, come in." I open the door further and let her come in before closing the door again.

"Sit down please." She puts her suitcase on the table and starts working on my hair as soon as I sit down.

I can't see what she's doing and after a while she steps back and says, "I'm done." She grabs her suitcase from the table and shows herself out before I get the chance to thank her. I stand up and walk to the mirror in my bedroom. Her work is beautiful, there are twin braids that go behind my head and conjoin into something intricate that looks like a flower. I must say, my hair has been even prettier in Midgard, but that was done by angels. For an Elf this is amazing work.

One thing I've never worn is the silver circlet that now rests on my head, which looks like entangled vines. My father had just allowed me to wear a crown when I left, so I didn't get to wear that for a long time.

Just when I finish admiring it there's another knock on the door.

When I open the door I see Thranduil standing there in robes matching my dress, he looks so good in it that my jaw drops. He chuckles, "Do I look that bad?" He asks.

"No, no, not at all, my lord. Quite the opposite."

He offers me his arm, "Call me Thranduil."

I take his arm and together we walk to the dining room. This time there's a big round table in the middle with ten chairs, two of which are bigger and more detailed, I suspect those are ours. "I forgot to tell you how amazing you look." Thranduil says, and I feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

The doors open and lady Galadriel and lord Celeborn walk in, I nod to them both. They are closely followed by king Dain and Dwalin, after them come lord Elrond and an Elf I believe is Lindir. Lastly Bard walks in with a little girl gripping his hand tightly, I remember her, she must be his daughter.

When they're all seated Thranduil introduces me, they all look very shocked at the revelation of me as his lover, except lady Galadriel, who has a little smile on her face.

Food comes in and conversations start, mostly about a mysterious enemy who has revealed himself, no one mentions his name but they all know who it's about. There are also some discussions about how the trading between Erebor, Dale and the Woodland Realm can be peaceful and fair. I'm eating in peace until Dain asks me, "Lady Amdiriel, do you know how to fight?"

Of course the Dwarf had to ask a question like that.

"No, I believe there is a diplomatic solution to everything, fighting is so primitive and barbaric. I much prefer reading in the woods." I reply with the most innocent voice I can muster. Dain just huffs and continues eating.

I see you found a new place to stay, lady Galadriel says into my mind.

Yes, I simply reply.

Have you told him everything?

No, not my past. He doesn't need to know.

Be sure to not attract Rigelus' attention, who knows what he'll do.

I shiver at the mention of my father's name. No-one seems to notice, except Thranduil who is looking at me with a mix of curiosity and concern.

It's nothing, don't worry, I tell him telepathically. He looks a bit startled, but quickly regains his posture.

The dinner comes to an end and our guests retreat to their rooms, but before lord Elrond can leave, Thranduil asks him if he could stay a moment longer. He looks confused but agrees.

We walk to an empty room where we are out of sight and no one can eavesdrop. "What is it Thranduil?" He asks.

"We need your help with something."