Chapter 10: Arguments are pointless

There was no use in fighting about this. It was stupid. Pointless even. But that didn't really stop the two of them from arguing about it anyway.

Y/N sat on the bed in Hinata Tachibana's house, explaining her recent argument with her beloved boyfriend.

"You don't understand!" She nearly yelled, crossing her arms over her chest and puffing out her cheeks. Hinata giggled slightly at her friend, amusement lacing each echo.

"This isn't funny!" The slightly shorter girl groaned, flopping herself onto the bed next to Hina. Her arm laid across her face and Hinata continued to giggle.

Y/N sent a glare towards the strawberry blonde. She raised her hands in defense and stopped giggling. Finally.

"Ok, ok" Hinata sighed, "It's not funny. This is a serious problem." She agreed, index finger pointing upwards. Her voice took on a more playful tone. But Y/N ignored it. She shot upwards, "Exactly!" She exclaimed, "Now, how do I fix this."

Hina kept her finger raised, mock thought laced her face. "Why don't you just agree with him?" She suggested after a while. Y/N shot a disapproving look and shook her head.

"Absolutely not."

Hinata sighed, "And why not?"

"Because!" She yelled, "He doesn't get to say that he loves me more even after I've loved him since grade school!"

Hina burst out into laughter and Y/N pouted. She gripped her stomach and flopped backwards onto her bed. "Seriously?" She questioned. Y/N just crossed her arms and looked the other way, "This is what you guys are arguing about." Hina continued to laugh.

"Yes, this is very serious Hina." Hina stopped laughing to look at the serious expression on her best friend's face.

"How about -" she was cut off by the sound of Y/N's phone notification going off. They both looked at each other and waited. When it went off two more times and they knew exactly who it was.

Y/N grabbed her phone but before she could even open it, it started ringing. He was calling now.

Y/N looked at Hina, who was encouraging her to answer it. So she did.

"Hello?" She asked. A sigh was heard from the other end.

"So I've been doing some thinking," Yamagishi started, " and I've come to the realization that you in fact do love me more."

Y/N gasped and covered her mouth. Then she smiled, or more like smirked. "Yeah, I know. I'm always right." Hinata giggled at that.

Yamagishi's laugh was heard over the line, "Sure," he said, "so are we done fighting?" His voice dropped to a softer tone. Y/N smiled softly, "Yeah, we're done fighting."

"Good, cause I love you and I don't like this," he said, "The fighting I mean." He confirmed after a couple minutes of silence. Y/N laughed, "I knew what you meant."

"Good." He sighed, relieved.

"I love you too by the way." Y/N said.

Fighting was stupid and neither of them liked it, but they got through it and that's all that really matters to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was the stupidest fight I have ever witnessed." Hinata said.

"Shut up!" Y/N yelled, hitting her in the face with a pillow. They both laughed uncontrollably afterwards.