Chapter 4 ||・The Worker・|| Joliver

So I've seen quite a few reads on this book and I was wondering what people think of it. Anyways this is my shortest chapter yet (800 ish words) but I really like this idea. Now enjoy! :)

JUNIORS POV:
I paced nonchalantly around the now busy supermarket attempting to restock shelves before the items sold out AGAIN. This process can be quite overwhelming sometimes. I was now grasping a tight hold of cereal boxes. I think I took way too many, so I tried to rush over to the isle to put them on the shelves before I drop them all and become the centre of attention. I picked up my pace, stupidly only paying attention to the boxes and my feet. Then I came to a complete Holt and I was jolted backwards. I must've ricocheted into something or someone. Fuck. I fell right into the ground, the cereal boxes sprawled out across  the cold, glistening floor. I was in the cereal isle as well, for fuck sake.

I looked up to see who I knocked into. My eyes we're met with the most breathtaking boy I've ever seen. My breathing pattern changed as I admired him. "Oh fuck! I'm so sorry, here." the blonde Panicked, swiftly offering me his hand. I took it hesitantly and he helped me to my feet. "It's okay, don't worry." I responded. I kept looking into his chestnut brown eyes, they were like chocolate waterfalls, that I attempted to swim in, hoping the smooth layers and waves would help my situation but alas, I falted and drowned as he began to look at me weirdly. "You look pretty zoned out, here I'll help you with the boxes." he insisted, already reaching for some. "No no I'm fine, don't worry." I spoke, my anxiety peaking and my face was probably already bright red. He ignored my wishes and placed the cereal boxes onto their shelves. The boy looked at me with a smile, his golden lockes glisten underneath the lights. "Thanks." I almost whispered, picking up the last few boxes and placing them in my left arm to put away.

"So, is there a number I can call?" the taller male asked. I turned my back to him, placing a cereal box away. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Uhm yeah? You can call the store with any issues or questions." I returned. That was weird. "No no-" he chuckled "I mean... This is a very personal issue, anyones number I can call if I have any serious/personal issues? Or maybe if I need 20 boxes of cereal?" I went to put another box back but the boy was asking for MY number?! Holy shit. I turned to look at him, our eyes locking. Then I dropped the cereal box onto the floor instead of the shelf. For fuck sake. I dashed down to the floor, picked it up and threw it onto the shelf. "Sorry I just don't think I'll have time, I'm kinda just here and at school." I said, kind of regretting not accepting his number. I want to, really badly but I just shouldn't...

"Work and school?" I nodded to his question, placing the last cereal box back. "Okay then.... Hey, I'm here for a job application." he smiled. I just stared at him giving him the goofiest grin. "Yeah no can do, I don't think they're hiring currently." I explained. "Alright alright, till we meet again cutie." he winked and walked away. That was odd... I definitely regret not getting his number. I just sighed and went to continue my everlasting job.

2 WEEKS LATER:
Another day, another 8 hours stocking these shelves, yay. I groaned, Its a Saturday, I'd rather not be working. I walked the isles, making sure the store was ready to open. When it was I grabbed some stock after checking what was running low in the front of the store. "Hey!" a voice shouted from behind me. I turned around and saw....
Jake. Oh. "What do you want jake?" I dragged, already pissed off with his presence. "Are you alright with covering my shift today? I was gonna go on a date with Devon?" he asked chiperly. I gritted my teeth and rolled my eyes. "Fine. Just stop annoying me, I'm trying to work." I hissed, already turning my back to him. "You know junior, just get a boyfriend so you won't be so lonely. Anyways before you change your mind-Thanks cuz your the best." he shouted as he walked away.

For the next few hours I just restocked shelves, nothing interesting. Then I heard a familiar voice. "Hey!"
Why was jake back already, was he here to gloat? Asshole. I just groaned and turned around, but it wasn't jake I saw. My lips slightly parted. It was the cute boy, IN THE SUPERMARKET UNIFORM. did he seriously get a job here?! Was he serious? He walked up to Me and said.
"So work and school? I can do both of those."

AUTHORS NOTE:
So! I was wondering if I could have ideas for future chapters or just opinions on previous ones. I'm working on a few now! :))

||Words without authors note: 803||
||Words with authors note: 876||