Chapter 1

Once Arlen opened the car door, he was met with a pleasant surprise. Inside the passenger's seat in the car was Scarlet, a family friend of the Marshall's. She was wearing a violet dress with a black leather jacket. Abi and Sean were in the backseats of the car. Abi was wearing a silk blue dress, Seth dressed in a white suit with a red dress shirt, and Dania in a short orange dress. She turned her head to wave at her older brother excitedly.

'You know how you've always wanted to meet the Rainbow Friends?' Shane signs, a smile coming upon his face. Truth be told, he wasn't the best at sign language, but he practiced extra hard for today's special event.

'Yeah? But isn't that far away?' Alren looks confused, getting into the car beside his siblings.

'I'm taking you," Shane smiles at the sight of his deaf child's face immediately lighting up. 'Mom and I are going to stay at home and get the rest of your gifts prepared, but Scarlet will be going with you guys. Isn't that nice?'

Alan nods his head, unable to hide his excitement from the others.

'You don't mind the biggest Purple fan coming along to be a burden, right?' Scarlet chuckles.

"I'm really excited!" Dania announces, practically squealing from how happy she was. "I finally get to meet my biggest idol!" She chuckles, looking towards Scarlet with an excited expression.

"Oh yeah? Well, I get to meet my biggest idol, too!" She chuckles, ruffling the young girl's hair. "You sure you aren't Orange?"

"I don't know!" Dania shakes her head with a large smile, proudly showing her two pointy teeth. "Are you Purple?" She questions.

"Yes," Scarlet nods her head.

"I tried telling you, Daddy!" She bites her father's arm without hesitation.

"OW!" He grimaces, hitting her on the head playfully.

"I finally get to meet Red," Sean looks out the window with a soft smile. He's always wanted to do this ever since he and his father talked about it in the shop.

"And I get to meet Blue!" Abigail hugs her Blue plush excitedly.

"...," Alren frowns, seeing everyone smile and talk to each other. His previous emotions seemed to slowly fade out and he turns his head towards his mother.

'What's wrong, sweetie? Is it because the others aren't signing to each other?' Kailie takes her son's hands into her own.

'I just realized that I won't be able to talk to Green,' Alren sniffles. 'He's blind and I'm deaf. So how are we going to talk? We can't. We can't talk alone,' He looks to the plush in his hands, to which emits a squeak.

Kailie frowns, pulling her son in for a tight hug before looking him in the eyes. 'Green probably feels the same away about you, right? He can't see you. You two need to focus on the positives. I'm sure he will love you just the same. Besides, Scarlet is here to help you talk to him. There is always an exit out of any maze. Now have fun and enjoy your birthday, my pride and joy.' She kisses his cheek before shutting the passenger's door, waving to her kids as their father begins to drive them to Hemlock Woods.

'Goodbye, Mom.' Alren waves, playing with his Green plush in his hands while Dania continued to express her excitement to just about everyone in the vehicle.

It was a long drive, about 8 hours to be exact. Dania was extremely excited, maybe even a bit obnoxious. The added sugar from the candy she was eating sure wasn't helping.

Abi put up with her obnoxiousness fairly well, and for once, Alren was lucky he was deaf. Sean often tried to get her to watch the show with them, but she insisted on talking the entire time and would be every iconic loud child in the movie theater. Alren binged the Green focused episodes of Rainbow Friends until he had fallen asleep, the boy didn't do well during long road trips at all. Not unless his mom was there.

Shane probably had eyebags and a 5 o' clock shadow by the time they had gotten there. He loves his children, but man, they can get on his nerves sometimes. Yet again, it's likely every parent feels that way. He thanked Scarlet and even paid her an extra 50 bucks because she kept Dalia entertained and quieter for awhile.

They passed Odd World on the way there, an amusement park that Sean was often curious about. Shane thought about taking him there a few times, but he hadn't quite had the chance yet.

"Bye kids, tell Scarlet to call us if you need anything. I'll pick you guys up at around midnight, okay?" He waves to Scarlet and his children.

"BYE DAD!" Dania runs out of the car excitedly, booking it straight for Hemlock Woods.

"Dania, don't go in there by yourself!" Her older sister runs after her, not wanting her to go alone.

Shane watches them for a moment before he drives back home, picking up a few more presents for his son at the store on the way there.

"You guys excited?" Scarlet holds Sean and Arlen's hands, walking them into Hemlock Woods. Her eyes widened, hearing something slam behind her as she entered with the two. The doors behind them had shut almost instantly, but she tried to not pay too much attention to it.

The four could hear a loud stomping in the distance, before a high pitched beeping sound was heard from the speakers.

Alren covered his ears immediately, the high pitched noise causing him to feel pain in his head. He groaned in discomfort, closing his eyes as his Green plush fell to the floor, squeaking as it did so.

Sean frowned, grabbing everyone's plushes and sat them in the storage area before he heard an announcement on the speaker.

"Welcome, the Marshall family," A loud crashing noise was heard. "My blocks fell over. All you have to do is find them and put them back. Good luck," And that was the beginning of what would be both the most unique and terrifying journey of their entire lives.