Chapter Two: The Virus Begins

(Third Person)

The Next Day...

Everything started off normal, Moxy was doodling away in her sketchbook like she had been doing since 5:00... When suddenly, someone screamed from outside. She jumped in fear, letting out a small shriek herself. She hopped off her bed and ran to her window. Outside on the ground was a small half white half blue uglydoll being forcefully held by a robot... with red eyes! She yelled in fear and pain. 

"Let me go you hunk of metal!!" She yelled loudly, a crowd had formed. Some tried to help her, but they were pushed back or thrown by other red eyed robots. Moxy watched in fear as the robot grabbed parts of the girls swoopy ears and flowing tail and ripped of pieces, tossing them aside like trash. She yelled in pain as tears filled her eyes. The girl pulled her elbow up and jabbed the robot as hard as she could. With a metal crash, the robot flung the girl forward. She landed on her face, using her hands and knees to push herself up. Moxy dashed out her door, sliding down her railing. She ran over to scene, seeing the girl trying to stand, but failing. Nobody helped her, they were all to afraid of getting ripped and hurt like the girl in the crowd. Moxy being the kind soul she was, pushed through the crowd and helped the girl up. "T-Thank you..." She whispered weakly as tears poured out of her eyes. "You're welco-" Moxy was cut off by an angry robot charging towards them. She pushed the girl into the crowd, into safety. 

She had to quickly duck so the robot couldn't hit her. It crashed into a building and broke a hole in the wall. The other robots eyes seemed to glow brighter and turn noticeable more aggressive. "Everyone run!" Moxy turned to the crowd. "Go home! Get somewhere safe!!" She shouted. The robots started chasing people as they ran, grabbing some and pulling them away to doll knows where. Moxy felt horrible, she turned around to go save someone when she was pulled back and away by someone else. She turned around. "Wage?! What are you doing??" 

"I'm saving your life!" The orange yelled back as she pulled Moxy by the arm. Moxy looked around. She noticed the rest of her friends running with Wage. Lucky bat, Babo, and Uglydog. Wage dashed into her bakery, closing the door quickly behind her. She locked it tight and shut her windows, locking them as well. "What was that for?" Moxy yelled. "Shhh!! They could hear us!" The orange doll pushed Moxy into a corner. "There are dolls out there being kidnapped! We have to help them!" Moxy said. "And risk our lives? I think not." Wage crossed her arms. "They need our help! What about perfection?!" Moxy pointed out. "They don't matter right now! What matters is saving ourselves!" Wage shot back. "I can't believe you! What about our friends? our homes?" "We'll be fine here." "You can't be serious!! Dolls could be DYING out there!!" Moxy yelled. "That's not my problem, we have to save ourselves." Wage said, quite blankly. "What about Ox?" Moxy yelled. The room fell silent.

"H-He'll be fine..." Wage said, looking away from Moxy.

(Moxy's POV)

I couldn't believe Wage could even say such things! She was being so... so... selfish!! "You're being so selfish!" I yelled at her. And, in a moment of pure stupidity, I shouted: "YOU'RE JUST LIKE LOU!! LEAVING DOLLS TO DIE!!" Wage looked at me, an expression of pure shock on her face. Tears filled my eyes. Silence filled the air like a dark, grey cloud. I stormed out, unlocking her door and slamming it behind me. 

"MOXY NO!" I heard Lucky Bat yell as I ran off. I dashed up the stairs to my house, throwing open the door. I grabbed my purse, and unplugged my phone. I looked under my bed. I grabbed a small box, I sat down on my bed and opened it. After we defeated Lou, he was forced out of his house and into the storage shed. They gave away some of his stuff. To be honest, it felt wrong. They still left most of his things, just some small stuff. Somehow, I had ended up with a blue pocket knife and some sort of small notebook. I had put them in a box and hid them under my bed, it felt wrong it have them. I put the knife in my bag, for defense. I never opened the notebook, but I put it in my purse. It might have some valuable information on the robots or something. It is from Lou after all... 

I put my own sketchbook in my bag and one last thing

I put my own sketchbook in my bag and one last thing... my group photo of me, Ox, Babo, Lucky Bat, Wage, Mandy, The Spy Girls and Nolan. We were all laughing and smiling with each other, covered in paint and other art's and craft's stuff. It was a fun day, we were painting a mural together. But we got a little distracted... I stared at the photo and tears filled my eyes. I was friends with everyone, but those eight... They were my closest friends. Of course, I only met Tuesday, Nolan, Kitty, Mandy and Lydia after me and the gang showed up in perfection, and I only befriends The Spy Girls and Nolan after everything went down, but we were still so close.

I just prayed all of them were okay. Suddenly, there was loud knock on the door. I jumped and yelped in fear. "It's just us, Moxy." Wage's voice spoke through the door. I hesitated. I heard a sigh. "Moxy, please open the door..." Her voice sounded like she had been crying. I opened the door to see my friends looking worried. Wage flung her arms around me. "I'm sorry for saying all those things..." She told me. She stepped back. "You were right..." She took a deep breath. She looked down and spotted my bag. "Are you..." I nodded. "Yes, I am." I sighed. "I'm going to find out what's going on." Wage sighed. "Then were coming with you." She crossed her arms. "We are?!" Lucky asked. Uglydog nodded. "Guess so." 

After we all gathered out stuff, we decided to go to Ox's house first. We planned out a route where we could stay as low as possible. On our way, we hid in the shadows. It took a while, and my heart was pacing the whole time. The town was ruined and I was wondering if Imperfection was okay. Once we finally reached the house, I carefully knocked on the door. The windows were broken and there a a few holes in the walls. We got no response. I knocked again, nothing. "Hello??" I called out. "It's just us!" Again, nothing. I grabbed the doorknob with shaky hands and surprisingly, it turned. "It's... Not locked?" I questioned. I carefully stepped inside, everyone else following behind me. It was dark and quiet. "Ox? Are you here?" I called out, looking around. Things were broken and knocked over, shattered glass from the windows sat on the floor, the wooden boards creaked with every step, it was like something out of a horror movie. We looked around for what felt like forever, but we didn't find him. 

"He's... He's not here..." I turned to the group, I could feel tears prick at my eyes. "You don't think that..." Lucky's voice trailed off. Silence filled the air. I clenched my fists. "No... No... No, no no..." I whispered, tears getting bigger in my eyes. "No, no, no..." My vision fogged from the water in my eyes. "NO! NO, NO..." I fell to my knees, crying. I put my face in my hands and sobbed. I sobbed hard for a minute until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Lucky. "Moxy... It's okay..." He said, the rest of the group stared at me with pity in their eyes. "No! It's not okay!" I stood up, violently wiping my tears. "Were going to find him." I told the group. "Are you crazy?!" Wage yelled. I breathed in heavily. "Maybe..." I reached down and picked up my bag.

"But I'm not giving up... No matter how crazy I am."