Chapter Seven: The Spy Girls Escape

(Third Person POV)

The three girls sat in the middle of the room, two of them fast asleep. They had been told it was nighttime, but how could they be sure? While the other two slept, Tuesday was sitting up staring at the big metal doors. She sighed. "He'll come back..." She whispered to herself. "I know it..." Suddenly, she noticed something. There was moonlight shining through the door...? She squinted and leaned forward. There was a book jammed in the door, keeping it open! Tuesday gasped. 

Nolan!  She thought. "Guys, guys! Get up!!" She shook the other girls awake. "Huh...?" Lydia sat up. "What is it Tuesday?" Kitty said annoyed. "Look!" Tuesday pointed to the door. Both girls eyes lit up. "It's..." Lydia started. "It's open!!" Kitty finished. "But how will we get to it?" Lydia asked.

"I got this." Kitty smiled, reaching into her pocket. She pulled out a nail file and started filing away at her chains. "Really dumb of that lady to not lock up our hands." Lydia rolled her eyes. "Oh please, that's not going to work." The chain clicked and fell to the floor. Kitty slipped out of the anklet. "Really?" She smirked at Lydia. The purple haired girl scoffed in annoyance.

Kitty sawed her sisters free and the three of them ran to the doors. They all pushed the open. Kitty ran out first, then Lydia, leaving Tuesday holding open the door with shaky limbs. "Tuesday! Come on!" Lydia urged. "I... I c-can't!" Tuesday struggled. "The door will close on me!" Kitty walked over and grabbed her arm. "Lydia, grab her waist." Lydia did what Kitty said.

"What are you doing?" The blue-haired girl asked. "Were gonna pull you out." Kitty said. "wait wha-" "NOW!" Kitty and Lydia pulled Tuesday out of the door. The girl screamed, clutching the book tightly. She landed on top of the other two, but overall she was okay. The three girls got up and Tuesday looked at the book that was in the door. It was a small, olive green book with gold accents and gold writing on the cover that read: A Plant Lovers Pocket Book

Definitely Nolan. She thought. She looked up and realized there were three paths. "What way do you think Nolan went?" Tuesday looked around. The path to the left was dark with sharp vines on the ground. "Surely not that one..." She whispered to herself. She looked the the right. It was nicer looking, still dark, but vineless. However, upon closer inspection, she saw a huge fallen tree. "Not that one either..." She whispered again. She looked forward. The path was still dark, but normal looking. Different kinds of plants lined the sides. Big ones, small ones, and more. Tuesday nodded. "That way." She pointed forward. The other girls looked at her.

"Are you sure?" Lydia asked. "Well, she knows Nolan better then either of us." Kitty pointed out. "True." Lydia shrugged. "Off we go!" She pointed forward confidently. Kitty followed after her. Tuesday took one last look at the book and smiled sadly. "I hope he's okay..." She whispered before tucking the book away and following after the girls. As they walked, Tuesday happily identified plants that Nolan had showed her. Then, she noticed Kitty about to step in poison ivy!

"Kitty don't!" Tuesday grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "What?!" Kitty looked back angerly. "You almost stepped in poison ivy!" Tuesday told her, pointing to the plant. "Oh, wow! I didn't even know! Thanks!" Kitty smiled at her sister. "Your welcome! Nolan showed me how to identify it!"  Tuesday smiled, letting Kitty go. "You and him are pretty close, huh?" Lydia asked as they kept walking. "O-Oh... yeah, were pretty close..." Tuesday nervously rubbed the back of her neck, blushing. "Maybe a bit too close..." Kitty smirked. "Kitty!" Tuesdays face lit up in red, she punched Kitty in the arm. "Just admit you like him!" Lydia said. "I don't!" Tuesday protested. "Yeah, sure." Kitty scoffed, earning her another punch in the arm.

The girls walked for awhile, but they started to get tired. "We should get some rest." Lydia yawned. "You don't half to tell me twice." Kitty said, flopping on the ground. The girls all curled up together. Kitty and Lydia fell asleep almost instantly. But Tuesday still couldn't sleep. The forest was creepy, she was cold, but most of all, she was worried about Nolan. She couldn't bear to think of what might happen to him out here all alone. Tears pricked at her eyes again, but she held them back. She looked up at the sky. The moon was bright and the stars were beautiful. She smiled ever so softly. A single tear rolled down her cheek. She wiped it away and pulled the book out of her pocket. She used the moonlight to start reading. 

She noticed how Nolan left little sticky tabs on certain pages. He had a list at the front of what they all meant. Pink was for common flowers, purple was for dangerous flowers, and green was for his favorites. But there was one tab not on the list. It was a teal tab. She flipped to the page. It was blue hydrangeas, her favorite flower. Did he... mark her favorite flower? Tuesday blushed and kept reading. She read that book until the next morning.