~~Broken Trust~~

Marinette took a shaky breath, "Adrien..."

   "Yeah?" He asked, looking up and meeting her gaze, "Is something wrong?" His expression tainted with worry.

  Marinette turned to Plagg, who in the middle of a bite, seemed to figure out what she was about to do.

  "I'm not sure." Marinette answered honestly, "I... I'm not sure how to say this."

   Adrien arched his brow. Marinette let out another shaky breath, "I... I..."

   "Mari... it's okay. You can tell me." Adrien said. He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. Marinette nodded.

   "Adrien, I'm... Ladybug."

   "No." Mumbled.

   "What do you mean 'no'?"

   "No." Adrien said, slightly louder this time.

   "Adrien? You're kinda freaking me out."

   "No." Adrien said, panic rising, "you- you can't be Ladybug." He stood up quickly and turned to Marinette, "you're lying." Tears started forming in his eyes, "Plagg," he turned to the tiny Kwami, "tell me she's lying."

   "I'm sorry, Adrien..."

   "No..."

    "Adrien.. I'm sorry." Marinette said softly, "I-I wanted to tell you earlier, but I was scared."

   "You... you lied to me... I- I trusted you after my fight with Ladybug! With you!"

   "I... I know, and you don't know how guilty that made me feel."

  "Then why did you lie to me?! I had told you I didn't want to see you again! Why did you pull me back to you?!" He yelled, "why- why didn't you respect my choice?!"

   "Adrien- I..."

  "You're so selfish! I'm heading out, I need some space." Adrien turned away from Marinette and made his way towards her bed, "Plagg, Claws Out!" He climbed her ladder and leapt off her balcony.

   "Adrien!" Marinette called, "Tikki, I really messed up."

   "He deserved to know the truth, Marinette."

   "I know... I just..."

   "Was hoping for a different reaction?" Tikki finished for her.

   "Yeah." Marinette slumped onto her chaise, tears starting to well up in her eyes, "I'm terrible Tikki, I... I let Adrien get hurt, he used a damaged miraculous- I am the worst hero ever."

"Marinette, please calm down!" Tikki urged.

"No. I don't deserve to be Ladybug." She started to unclip her earrings when a voice spoke from in her head.

"Dark Beetle, all you tried to do was help, but Adrien didn't want it, didn't trust you."

"Who are you?" She asked, holding her head in her hands.

"The new Hawkmoth, the improved one, I am Dark Wing."

"Get out of my head!" Marinette yelled.

"But I can help Adrien trust you again, help him see that he was wrong to leave."

"No!"

"Oh, but I'm just trying to help. I'm not even asking for your miraculous."

"No" Marinette whispered. "No"

"Yes." Dark Wing said. "I promise you I will help, Adrien told you he'd rather die than see you again, doesn't that hurt?"

For that one moment Marinette let her guard drop and the akuma took over. She looked down at her suit, now the exact opposite of her normal suit, it was a sleek black covered in red spots.

"Now go find that Alley Cat and bring me his miraculous."

"Yes, Dark Wing." Dark Beetle smiled and leapt out the window. Swinging her yoyo and heading towards the Eiffel Tower.