Could Life Get Worse?||6

The next day I didn't go to school, laying on the bed hurdled up in a ball. Was I being a cry baby about this? Maybe but it didn't change the fact that Vance was gone. My dad ended up leaving for work kissing me on the head goodbye. I didn't wanna be alone right now, but all I could afford was to be alone. It didn't make sense to me but it just feels right to say about this whole situation. Going to the living room flipping on the switch for the TV to the news. Right now the town police was declaring Vance Hopper now a victim of the Grabber and missing. I could just imagine even him right now could be scared. Feeling like the tears were on the grasp of falling, god did I want to go through this alone?

The sudden knock on the door scared me. I rushed to the door hoping to see who I wanted and maybe the black balloons or him going missing was all just a big misunderstanding, instead it was Finny Blake with Robin Arellano.

"What are you guys doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in school." I said, had God actually answer my prayer of not wanting to be alone?

"Gwen told me what happened when I was gone. I'm so sorry I wasn't there." Finny rushed to me hugging me. I hugged him then saw Robin smiling.

"And the reason were not at school is because one I don't even really pay attention and Finn was really worried about you." Robin said as I disconnected my hug from Finny now to Robin.

"You guys don't know how much I didn't want to have to be alone today." The tears in my eyes weren't frustrated tears they were comforted tears.

"You shouldn't have to be alone Y/n." Finny said comforting me. As Robin just stood there crossed arms.

"You gonna let us in or what?" Robin said quizzically. I laughed and proceeded to let them in.

"How about we go to the diner, if you guys haven't had breakfast yet." I asked embarrassed. There were many beer bottles on the tables left behind by my mom. So the house wasn't in the best condition. They nodded in agreement.

"I could really go for breakfast, I heard this one place was really good." Robin said cooly.

"Great let me change and I'll be right out." I was wearing a large t shirt and shorts. It was usually comfortable for sleep at night, if I could sleep. Changing into jeans and a t shirt with my black old converse. I wore a boring t shirt that Vance once explained clashed with my eyes. It was his way of saying my eyes were pretty believe it or not. I had a hard time keeping it all in for Finny and Robin. I knew if I were to start crying Finny would and then Robin would be the only sane person, or he would start crying with us. I laughed at that thought and walked out seeing them sit as Robin hit Finny's arm.

Nodding to go, but before going I left a note saying I was going out to eat with friends and took my purse which held enough money to pay for all of us since my job at the Grab n Go wasn't unpaid for. Walking down the sidewalk was peaceful, talking to Finny and Robin was great. I couldn't have wished for better friends, and I was glad they were here with me today.

Finally at the diner we got a table with me sitting in the seat alone and Robin plus Finny in the seat in front of me. Finny clarified that he wanted to give me as much room as I needed while Robin just looked at him disappointed which I was confused but then let go of the situation. The waitress had came and we ordered our drinks, she looked at us confused probably because why we we're out of school.

"God, this menu has so many breakfast and lunch offers!" Finny said excitingly flipping through the menu. I laughed as Robin just smiled.

"Now hold on big boy, we're here for breakfast." Robin said patting Finny's shoulder. Finny just nodded embarrassed as I smiled.

The waitress had came back asking for our orders, I ended up just getting a waffle with fruit on top. Robin and Finny ordered whatever because honestly it was confusing if Finny was going to order lunch at 9 in the morning. Once we were done ordering Robin had excused himself to use the bathroom as he elbowed Finny giving him a look.

"So um...- I'm sorry about Vance." Finny had said rubbing the back of his head. Before he could continue a shadow appeared on the table, looking to see it was no other then Moose. How the hell did he know we were here.

"Already moving on from your missing boyfriend Y/n, and now your with this pathetic loser?! You're such a slut." Moose had laughed. He was alone, assuming his friends were in school right now.

"Don't say that about Y/n!" Finny had yelled. I looked to see Finny now frustrated. Moose had just pushed off his comment.

"Awe, let's hope your new boyfriend doesn't go missing." That was about fucking it. I got up and he didn't expect me to slap him.

     "Don't fucking talk about Vance or Finny like that, you sick fuck!" I yelled right in his face. I didn't care what he said about me all I heard was missing and I was about done.

"Bitch! You don't know what you just got yourself into." He yelled at him but before he could do anything Robin had pulled him and punched him. I bet Moose didn't know Robin was out with us because he ended up running out.

"Are you ok Y/n?" Robin had asked sliding back into the seat. I nodded but slapping Moose had felt exhilarating.

"Sorry I couldn't really do much..." Finny said looking down.

"Don't worry Finny, I was just happy you said something let alone be there for me." I smiled at him. Finny had a recovering face and then we just all continued talking.

After a while of talking the food came and it smelt all so good. I basically shoved it all down because of last night, I couldn't even eat a granola bar because my stomach hurt so bad from the bad feeling. The thought of what if Vance got hurt or is...-ugh! Stop thinking that. I should just focus on the good things right now, I have great friends in front of me that I am thankful for. I'm sure Vance will make it through, he's fierce. He'll get through it.

"I'm stuffed, that was a hella big waffle." I said laying back on the seat.

"For real, I don't even know how you managed. That thing was bigger then your head!" Finny said laughing. Me and Robin laughed but it was true. The waffle was the size of my head, and apparently the size of my stomach too.

"Let's bounce, remember Finn?" Robin said looking towards Finny as I looked confused.

"Oh yeah, we can only miss the first two blocks. Anymore we can get in trouble." Finny said getting out his cash from his pocket.

"It's alright, I've got it guys. Just get back to school you weirdos." I laughed off as they just both looked at each other. It took some time convincing them that I would pay until they ran off back to school.

Up at the counter I ended up paying, it wasn't much and I had enjoyed that meal. Robin wasn't kidding when he said that place was good. I walked out of the diner ready to walk all the food off that was in my stomach. The more I walked the more I thought about Vance being beside me, wishing he was here beside me. Where ever he was I wished him that he would be waiting safely because I was about to search every damn house until I found him.