Chapter 36

"Triplets. I can’t believe it….fucking triplets!" Crowley exclaimed.

"Crowley, not so loud, you'll disturb them!" A few days had passed since the revelation about the triplets and Eden's morning sickness returned with a vengeance.

Gabriel was kneeling at Eden's side as she was lying in the bed, completely miserable. The only thing that Eden could keep down was watermelon slices and the only thing she could drink was water. 

"At least she doesn't have a fever." Aziraphale whispered as he led Crowley out into the hallway. "And now we know why the baby's life force was so strong…."

Gabriel gazed at his wife lovingly as she nibbled on a small chunk of watermelon. "I don't even like watermelon…." Eden griped.

"It's good for you and the babies." Gabriel said softly. "And as soon as this passes,  we'll celebrate with a meal that I'll cook for you myself."

"I want you." Eden murmured with a sly grin. "You look so scrummy with those purple eyes, all round and sappy with love."

Arousal. Gabriel recalled. Another pregnancy symptom and one he actually didn't mind. "Well I'm here now…." After exchanging several loving kisses, Eden asked. "What do you think they'll be like?" 

Gabriel thought for a moment. "Like you of course. Full of kindness, wonder and laughter." 

"Aw stop it." Eden sniffled, starting to get emotional but Gabriel continued, "And brave." Gabriel placed a hand on her stomach. "They'll also have your red hair and curls, and my eyes." 

Eden laughed. "But they must have your looks if they have your eyes!" 

"No!" Gabriel insisted. "Your looks, my eyes,  no further discussion!"

"Well then, I hope they will have your curiosity and eagerness to learn." Eden replied with a tired smile.

Gabriel tucked Eden in and said softly. "Now you try to rest, you look exhausted. I'll be right here if you need anything."