Ch 4

Bakugou was held back from class the next morning while Izuku continued on like normal. When he walked in, all eyes were on him. Nobody knew why him and Bakugou fought. Today, he was letting go the facade; he was showing everyone the mark and telling the truth. It was his last attempt to make Katsuki break the bond. Izuku didn't know why his soulmate was hesitating, but he couldn't handle the insults forever.

"Midoriya, are you okay?" Todoroki asked, concern slightly lacing his monotone voice. 

Izuku softly smiled to him. "Yes and no. Bakugou won't speak or look at me."

Ochako gasped, "What happened that was so serious?"

With a deep breath, Midoriya raised his ring finger to point out the ring design. Todoroki's face immediately went sour. Tenya and Ochako gasped. Kirishima dropped the conversation with his friend group and ran over. 

"Yo, Midoriya!" The red head shouted. "Since when have you had a soulmate? And- wait a second –"

Denki finished his friend's thought. "That looks like Bakugou's design!"

Now, the whole class was invested. It took Izuku a moment to explain everything – the years of hiding his mark, why he did it. Every felt bad for him and didn't blame him for his actions. Before Izuku could explain his idea to cut the ties, Aizawa walked in and ordered the students to their seats. 

Aizawa made a short announcement. "Your classmate Katsuki Bakugou will not return to class for a while, don't ask why. It's none of my business to tell you."

"Because he doesn't want me to cut the bond." Izuku muttered.

"What was that, Midoriya?" Aizawa called. 

Izuku chuckled and shook his head. "Nothing, sir. I apologize for interrupting."

Class went on as usual, but Izuku wasn't himself. When the class sparred that day, Izuku was put with Todoroki. He was still livid with Katsuki. And that aggression made him go all out on his opponent. The half and half kid lost, but not before breaking a rib or two. When Midoriya noticed, he immediately felt bad and offered to take him to recovery girl.

Midoriya was seriously scolded by the school's nurse. Todoroki was fine, just needed to rest. Izuku waited by him to immediately apologize when he woke up. 

"So, why did you go so rough on him? What did he even do?" Recovery girl huffed. 

Izuku admitted, "He did nothing. I just had a bad day is all, and I let my anger out."

Recovery girl wondered, "Does it have anything to do with Bakugou? I was curious to know what issue got you two fighting again."

Izuku revealed his ring finger. "He's my soulmate, but ... I want to sever the connection." He paused for a moment. "I can't stand him most of the time, and I'd rather want someone that doesn't degrade me every chance they got."

Recovery girl noticed the longing look Izuku held at Todoroki. It was clear who the freckled kid was talking about. But something felt wrong to her.

"It's your decision," she concluded, "but just letting you know, Bakugou hasn't been speaking to anyone. Only muttering 'I'm sorry' every now and then."

~_~_~_~_~

Follow, Vote, and Comment!

Toodles~