2

Seeing how the other person hung up, Jiyeon felt wronged and called back. When the other party picked up again, she immediately shouted: “I’m not lying!”

After listening to her friend complain Sojung finally felt that something was wrong. This Jiyeon seemed rash and reckless, and her voice is so different from usual. She hasn’t heard her shout in years. She usually spoke in a low and quiet voice and did not yell at all.

Sojung told Jiyeon to go to the hospital and wait for her there while she asked her boss for a leave of absence.

From the fourth grade of elementary school to the third grade of high school, the two of them have always been classmates and best friends. Compared to Jiyeon, who didn’t like to study and liked to skip classes, Sojung was the backbone of the relationship. Whenever something goes wrong, Jiyeon will habitually ask her for help.

With such clear instructions, Jiyeon was no longer as flustered and walked out of her house. She called a taxi and went to the hospital Sojung told her to go. This whole situation was just so unbelievable. If she is sick, however, she must be sick.

The hospital hasn’t changed much. It still had almost the same decoration as ten years ago, save for the automatic registration machine upfront. When she got out of the taxi,  Sojung with sharp eyes had already seen her and quickly came over, “Let’s go, I’ve already made an appointment for you….”

Sojung's voice stopped abruptly, and she raised her eyebrows, “Jiyeon, did you come outside wearing that!”

With her current tense mood, Jiyeon had completely forgotten to change clothes and had come out in pajamas. Jiyeon took out a red leather wallet she had found earlier and handed a 50000 won bill to the driver. The driver looked at her awkwardly, “This is 50000 won, I don’t have that much change on me. Miss, how about you just Naver Pay me the money?” (T/N: Naver Pay acts like PayPal in Korea, you can transfer money there.)

Jiyeon held the money still in her hand and then asked blankly, “What’s Naver Pay?”

The driver looked at her like he was looking at a caveman who had never seen the light of day. He looked at Sojung outside the car. The latter was silent. She glanced at the meter. The total amount was about 4000 won. She took out a 10000 won bill from her wallet, “Mister, you can keep the change.”

The driver happily accepted the payment that was twice the fare’s charge and left while Sojung supported Jiyeon worriedly, “Did you bump your head yesterday?”

She then took two steps forward and sniffed Jiyeon's body, “You don’t smell any alcohol either…..Forget it, let’s go in and check you out first. However, let me warn you, if you’re lying to me again, I will never forgive you.”

After saying so, she took Jiyeon up to the waiting room on the second floor, but as she pulled, the other person did not budge. She looked back and saw that Jiyeon was looking at her with a shocked expression.

“Y-You…..how did you turn into this?”

When they were students, Sojung was an all-rounder. A student who was good at studying, good at sports, popular, and obedient. Except for occasionally skipping class because of Jiyeon, she would never dare to break the rules. (In reality, Exy is not good at sports tho).

She dressed commonly like every other student in Korea, with short hair, a refreshing face, and no accessories except for a simple sports watch. (way back)

And now Sojung wore slanted bangs to the left and had long straight golden brown hair, with appropriate shades of makeup on her face. She wore a standard lady’s pantsuit and a pair of 10 cm black high heels. She wore such fearsome high heels and yet walked faster than Jiyeon in slippers.