A new name?

Third person POV:

"Oni-chan" the little girl called to her older sister who was currently braiding her hair. "Hm, yes Eri?"  She said looking down at the little blue haired girl sitting in her lap. " I saw a weird broccoli person today". This seemed to spike the older sister's interest. "What do you mean Eri?" subject 078 asked the younger child. "Mr Chisaki called them heroes " Eri explained. The teen's eyes widened at the news. "What did the "broccoli person" say Eri" the older one asked quite intrigued. "He said he'd come and save us" Eri said a small spark of hope. 'This is perfect!!!!. They could get Eri out of here. But Chisaki is not that stupid to let us stay here for too long. He's probably already planning on moving the operation elsewhere' the older teen thought to herself. Eri watched the older girl internally battle with herself . "Oni-chan?" little Eri called out to sister . Braking out of her trance , the older sister shot her head to Eri's direction "Yes Eri?" . "What's your real name?" The younger child asked. Puzzled the older girl asked "What do you mean?" . Eri looked down to her hands that fiddled with each other in her lap and she opened her mouth slowly to answer "Ummm... I-I..I always hear them calling you "subject 078" and you never told me your name..." She said finally looking up to her older sister before she continued " You always said to call you Oni-chan. Why ? Do you not like your name?  "  The younger asked her sister. The older sister looked at Eri perplexed . This was somewhat true. The thing is ,  she couldn't even remember her name. She had been here so long that she forgot it. Her own parents didn't even call her by her name, it was always 'brat' or even 'mistake' occasionally even 'a weak , useless good for nothing dog' with them. Since her birth givers abandoned both her and Eri , she was referred to as subject 078. The only reason Eri knew her name was because Chisaki decided to keep it. The room was silent before Eri began to feel as if she struck a nerve or touched a sensitive topic. Eri began to open her mouth to apologize but was interrupted by her sister "Well...I can't even remember my name , to be honest I'm not completely sure if I even had one" she said looking down at the girl in her lap. This took little Eri by surprise , the little girl looked stunned. She then began thinking to herself  'maybe I can give her a name' . It was quiet again before Eri spoke up "Oni-chan..." She said catching  the older girl's attention. "Maybe....if you want... Maybe I can give you a name.... if that's okay with you" the little one said shyly while playing with her hands. The older girl was filled with a familiar feeling warmth that spread around her body when she was the younger. A ghost of a smile appeared on her lips"Do you already have one in mind?" the teen asked little Eri.  Eri's eyes sparkled with excitement "Yeah ,  I was thinking that maybe because I'm Eri , you can be Erica ... you know so that our names can match...'" she said with a microscopic smile. Hearing this the teen's heart swelled and eyes teared up. Seeing this Eri was quick to react "Only if you want to... It's fine if you don't wanna...we can-" Eri was cut off by the older girl hugging her "No , no , Erica is a really nice name , I really like it . Thank you Eri ." Eri returned the warm embrace, feeling the occasional warmth , she'd get whenever she was with her sister inside. Their sisterly embrace was interrupted by the door opening. It was another one of Kai's goons . "Ugh , what do you want." The teen said sending a sharp glare to the minion. "Well, subject 078 , I came to check if you had escaped again or if you were with Eri. After all you room was empty and that wouldn't be the first time you would attempt to do so." The older girl scoffed and rolled her eyes at the name. "Well as you can see, I'm here so you can leave now." Erica stated "Tch , that ain't the only thing. Overhaul sent me to drop this off for Eri . At the mention of her name , the little girl's grip on Erica tightened. "Look here Eri, Mr Overhaul got you a really nice Barbie doll" he said pushing the box towards the younger girl. "More like a troll doll" the teen thought to herself. Holding the box Eri looked at it. "I don't like it" Eri stated bluntly. "Pfffft!!!" The older girl snorting trying to hold back a laugh, shocked the look on the goon's face not helping her case . "Huh?!?? What do you mean you don't like it" the goon asked perplexed. "I only like cute things" Eri responded blankly. "Tch whatever , you just need some time with it ." The henchman stated walking out of the room. Eri sighed before the door opened again"Oh by the way...." The same minion said "Your sister bonding time is up. It's almost dinner time so start cooking!!!!" He said as he turned to the door. "I'm in the mood for rice and chicken curry" he stated walking out of the door. Sighing softly,  Erica moved Eri out of her lap and onto the bed. "Welp , I gotta go now " Just as she said that Eri's head fell , her hands fixated onto her lap as she gasps the clothing material at the bottom of her dress. "Don't worry Eri I'll be back soon " the teen said before she kissed her forehead, making the young girl look up "warm" Eri thought at  feeling . "Oh and Eri.." The older girl called to her sister as she stopped infront of the door. "Huh?" Eri responded looking up to her sister. "Thanks for the new name" she said as she walked out of the room , leaving Eri smiling at the new feeling of warmth and accomplishment.

See y'all soon