eleven: i don't think i can either

Jacob

Once I've gotten her out of the restaurant, she breaks free from my gasp. The sting of her slap still lingers on my cheek. I was angry before - angrier than I think I've ever been - but now I'm just turned on.

The slap was hot.

I know Karma can tell that I'm amused because her indignation intensifies. As soon as she's free of my grasp, she starts pushing me. Not at full force, because if she did I'd probably go flying across the concrete, but enough to make me stumble. That of course doesn't help the hot situation.

I try not to laugh, but I can't stop a small one from escaping. "Karma, stop pushing me." I say and grab her tiny wrists. She yanks them out of my hands, but she at least stops pushing me.

"How dare you?!" She fumes. 

"How dare I what?" I ask, because I want to hear it from her mouth what just transpired. 

"Don't play dumb." Her eyes form into little slits, and for a split second I think she actually might try to kill me. Now that would be hot.

"It was an accident." I half lie.

"An accident? Oh I'm gonna fucking.." Her voice trails off as she starts pummeling me again and I have to go back into defense mode.

My amusement ends when Matthew comes out of the restaurant and has the audacity to put his hands around Karma and pull her off of me. "Hey hey hey, what's going on here!?" He says, holding her back.

And of course the fun is spoiled. I can't stand this guy, that much is true. He's the type of man who has figured out what button to push with me and he loves to push it. I can't say I blame him too much, because I am also that type of man, but it's not funny when the button he likes to push is to be extra flirty with her. I haven't made a big deal about it because I know I have no right to be jealous of another man touching Karma the way he does, but it just doesn't sit right with me. Not at all. And I don't trust his intentions whatsoever. "Nothing concerning you, don't you have customers to serve?" I say.

He starts to take a step towards me, but Karma catches him before he does. Oh no Karma, let him try it. I'm begging.

"Matt, we're fine okay? We're fine." She's talking to him, but his stare doesn't stray away from mine. His body language says he wants to challenge me. I hope my body language is telling him to go for it.

I don't have to look at Karma to know she's rolling her eyes. "Jake, cut it the fuck out." She snaps at me, but I don't pull my eyes from Matthew. Sorry Karm, I won't be the bigger person here. He wants to fuck around and find out so badly, just let him. Instinctively, I ball my fists, my senses on high alert.

Once she realizes it's pointless getting me to walk away from this, she focuses her attention back on Matthew. She softly touches his arm. "Matty. Come on, this is your job, walk away." She says in her nice voice. It's sickening, hearing her talk to him like that.

He stares at me for a moment longer before returning inside. "Why," Karma seethes through her teeth. "Do you bring violence with you everywhere you go?!" She ends up not being able to hold back a yell at the trail end of her sentence. I wish I could answer that, but I can't. Frustrated, she turns the other way and starts walking away from me.

To chase or not to chase?

My feet decide for me and I start after her. She picks up the pace, causing me to have to lightly jog in order to catch up to her. Once I do, I stop her in her tracks and she covers her eyes and runs her hands through her hair. She shakes her head over and over again. "I can't-"