Chapter 1: Team Hiruzen

••Willow pov••

“Is it ok...?”

“It's breathing, but I'm not sure....”

I awoke a trio of voices around me, a girl and 2 boys. I remember the door opening, I remember Wisp throwing me out the window, I remember...

I lift my head up and scratch my head, water swirls in my ears as I rise to my feet. My arms and legs ache and I'm unsteady on my feet.

“Oh hey! It's awake!” a boy with white, spiky hair and single red stripes going down from his eyes runs up to me and kneels down before me.

“Didn't think you were gonna wake up!” he smiled, juggling mine, and Wisp's crowns in his hand.

Wisp's crown must have fallen off when he was shot, there's a small crack on it. I snatch both of the crowns away and backed away, snarling at them.

“Hey, calm down...” the boy says, getting low to the ground, trying to show submission.

“Leave it alone Jiraiya, it's obviously afraid of you...” a boy with black hair and purple eye makeup calls the white haired boy off, trying to pull him back.

“Who– Who are you guys...” I growled, my paws pressed firmly against the ground, claws unsheathed.

My words seem to stun the trio.

“It can talk!” The pale blonde girl in the back came up slowly to me, staying a few feet away. Her scent was comforting.

“Yes...? Lyxra can speak...” I muttered, lifting my head up.

“A Lyxra!? We never see those around here!” The white haired boy, apparently named Jiraiya, cheered.

“I didn't think they were still around.” the black haired boy commented, getting down on his knees in front of me. “Do you have a name?”

“My name is Willow and I'm a....” I hesitated, I couldn't say I was a queen, it hurt in a way.

“Uhm... My name is Willow...” I finalized, my tail lashing behind me, showing my uncomfortably.

“Well, My name is Orochimaru...” the back haired boy said.

“My name is Jiraiya!” The white haired boy said happily, pointing to himself with a large toothy grin.

“And my name is Tsunade...” the blonde girl with the ponytail greeted.

I shifted nervously on my paws. “Well, it's nice to meet you... But I should be leav—”

“There you are!” a man with brown, pointy hair and a small beard and unique eye markings came out from the trees, coming up to us where we were huddled.

“You three can't run off like that.” the man muttered.

“Sorry Hiruzen sensei...” the three chimed in unison.

Sensei? Like a mentor?

I tuck the two crowns under my wing and walked off, but someone stopped me.

“Hey! Don't get yet!” Jiraiya begged, “You should stay with us!”

“We can show you around the village!” Jiraiya offered.

“A Lyxra? We hardly ever seen any of you around here...” Hiruzen looked at me with wonder in his eyes. Lyxra really must be rare around here. He reaches down to touch me and I grow at him.

“Don't touch me!” I growl at the older man, slapping his hand away with my paw.

“A talking Lyxra?!” the Hiruzen looked shocked at my ability to speak.

“All Lyxra can talk... Are you dumb or something...” I bare my teeth at the guy and rake my claws against a nearby tree.

Wisps of orange and yellow dance in between my claws as engulf my paw as it catches fire. The fire is warm but it doesn't hurt nor burn my fur or skin.

“Willow, calm down. Sensei won't hurt you...” Orochimaru speaks calmly to me, his oddly soothing voice flows into my ears and calms my nerves.

“HER PAW IS ON FIRE!” Jiraiya yells to which Tsunade promptly smacks him in the head.

“You know fire doesn't effect a Lyxra!” Tsunade chided Jiraiya for his idiocy while I lick my paw, dousing the flames.

“I don't think I should stay here...” I laid the fur on my chest down with my paw and flapped my wings, turning away from the ground.

“You should stay...”

“If she doesn't want to stay, she doesn't have to...” Hiruzen said.

“I know but...” Jiraiya pouted.

“Well...” I turned back to the group.   “I don't have anywhere else to go...”

I really didn't have anywhere to go. My brother just died and I'm a runaway princess, it would be best if I laid low for a bit.

“I suppose I could stay for now...” I smiled slightly, looking down at my paws. Jiraiya's face lit up immediately.

“Yay!” Jiraiya hugged onto me tightly, it took all my willpower not to tear him to shreds.

“It's getting late anyway, let's head back into the village and get some food..” Hiruzen offered.
“We'll show you around the village tomorrow morning if you want.

“That would be nice...” I nodded, shoving Jiraiya off of me.

“Wonderful... Come on guys...” Hiruzen said with a smile.

I hopped on top of Orochimaru's head and nestled myself neatly in his hair as we headed off out of the forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Here we go~

I hope y'all are enjoying this so far, this is a passion project I've been improvising and creating this storyline for a long time...

•••872 words•••