Chapter 2

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑼𝑩𝑼𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You were walking down the park on your way to the apartment complex. There were quite a few people around, the lampposts lining the pathway started to light up, providing a warm sort of light around the park as the nightfall approached.

You walk a little slower, relishing the autumn breeze as dried leaves make a crunching noise under your boots. You thought about how good it would be to go out on a morning jog here tomorrow.

Usually when you were walking home in this park like this, you would be listening to music, earbuds in your ears as you hummed along to the song. But now you weren't wearing any earbuds because you found listening to dried leaves rustling is better, and then you'd hear the distant cars down the street, people talking as they passed by.

But among the background noises, you suddenly started hearing a sound of a cat meowing nearby. You stopped abruptly, trying to focus on the sound as you looked around until you saw a small ball of tri-colored fur, patches of black, orange and mostly white.

"Is that..." you muttered, trailing off as you started to walk closer. "...a cat?"

When it meowed, you were a hundred percent sure it was a cat. It was curled up in a ball, dried leaves around it.

"Oh no, you must be so cold," you said, crouching down, taking out your hand from your jacket pocket and putting on its fur as the cat lifted its head a bit and made a weak sound. "Are you hurt somewhere?"

You looked around the ground and saw droplets of blood that made you gasp as you quickly took your scarf off and slowly wrapped it around the cat. It didn't hiss at you, it didn't show any sign of hostility as the cat let you hold it. Or maybe it was too exhausted to fight back.

You put it on your lap and checked for any wound which you found on his side. The blood had dried, leaving its fur a bit red.

"Where's your owner?" you asked, looking around but no one was nearby before you looked down. "You don't have a collar. Are you a stray?"

But if it is a stray cat, you haven't seen it around until now. You always walk down this park everyday and you don't see this cat anywhere. Maybe someone left it here, but you couldn't tell for certain. What you could certainly tell is that the cat needs to be nursed immediately.

You stood up, holding the cat wrap around your scarf in your arms. You thought about calling the Vet Clinic, but you know at this hour it might have already been closed. So you decided to head back to your apartment.

Once you're inside the warmth of your abode, you open the lights and take a spare blanket before putting the cat back down.

You left it for a moment to go to the kitchen and take a bottle of water and a cup before going back to the living room. You bent down and offered the cat a small amount of water, to which it took as it slowly drink the liquid.

"Can you wait here for a while? I'll just go out to buy you some food and bandages for your wound," you said, touching the cat's head and rubbing its soft fur. "You can keep my scarf."