Chapter Five

(Your Pov)

The next time you awoke was under very different circumstances. First off, your wound had healed enough that it no longer hurt to move it. Secondly... The full of the Avengers were rushing for your room, clad in battle armour.

"She's awake." You heard a new voice outside your door, six scents waiting to burst in. "On my count..." although the voice became too quiet for you to hear, you understood to some extent what was to come. Especially when the door finally broke down, revealing the Avengers. Bruce, Natasha, Bucky, a metal guy, an archer, and one with a shield.

"Hello?" You ask, questioning the purpose of such a hostile visit. While trying to remain as calm as possible, something that came naturally with sixteen years of omega training.

Bucky waved with a small smile, looking sorry for such precautions.

"Didn't you say she was hurt?" The red and gold robot asked, in a very unmechanical voice.

Bruce glanced at your vitals, as you stared on patiently. "Over 90% healed overnight." He choked on the thought, glancing back at the team.

"Can I please know-" the moment you started talking, they readied their weapons. "-what in Fenrir's name is going on?"

"That's what you have to answer, Miranda." The Captain said, "We saw the bank footage. You killed two people!"

"They're dead?" You wouldn't be surprised about Russell's death. From the beating he got, you'd be surprised if he could breathe many seconds later. But Joe? Seems he was weaker than you thought.

Well- That was a violent thought.

"So you do remember?" Bucky asked, looking hurt. You spare him a regretful glance, doing only what you needed to survive. "Your name isn't even Miranda, or Y/nah, or Hannah, is it?"

You groan, throwing your head back. Why do things always have to be so complicated with humans? At least these ones weren't calling you a monster yet- that was a plus. "No, it's not."

"What happened?" Natasha asked, shifting the conversation back to the main point.

"Lies. Feigned pa- family. Betrayal. Turning on one another. Trickery. Whatever you'd like to call it."

"That much is obvious." The archer stiffed, "The real question is what the hell are you? You and your whole gang of fanged fiends."

Fanged fiends? If they were so worked up over such a small fight, you couldn't even begin to predict what they'd say if you revealed yourself fully. You couldn't tell them. Not yet, not everything.

"I acted in self defense. I tried to stop them once I realised that I was being used. I don't want to be your enemy, but there are things I can't tell you for my own safety." You ranted, hoping the information was enough for them.

"That's not enough."

"Steve..." Bucky turned to the guy with a dinner plate shield, a pleading look in his eye. When no one else spoke, the cyborg turned toward you. "Can we at least know your name?"

Really? Even after all that... you know what? Fine. Yeah, sure. "Y/N L/N." You sigh out. "Are we good now?"

"You'll have to stay here until further notice, Y/N." The tin can said. "Until it's proven you're not a threat."

You huff again. "Very well. As long as I get one day a month to leave, unaccompanied, untracked, to wherever I'd like for 24 hours."

They laughed. "How about we talk about that day when it gets here? For now," Tin can said. "Let's get you situated in your room."

*

(Avenger's Pov)

"I just don't get it. Why only one day? How does she heal so quickly? How the hell is she so strong, and better yet- did anyone notice how her body seems to grow in the video?" Clint ranted to the others, as Y/N finished resting in her room. "I say we throw garlic at her and see if she's not a vampire."

"Vampires can't go into sunlight, Clint." Natasha hit the back of his head as fondly as he deserved for the teasing, before sitting beside him. The team was watching the bank clip a few more times, trying to watch for any clues. The recordings by the cameras were horrible, with barely enough pixels to see the five people.

And even worse, there was no audio. Clint could translate the clearer parts well enough, but the lack of context made it difficult to understand the situation.

"I mean, she is acting in self defense. They attack first." Tony said, validating more and more of her story as the clip pushed on.

"Maybe she's Asgardian. And this is something Thor should be dealing with." Clint spit out another theory, quickly put to rest with 'But Asgardians don't bite while fighting.' From Natasha.

The Asgardian in question, however, decided to spend the recent weeks on his homeworld. Something about Asgardian Politics. Not that the others much minded, large crime sprees remaining relatively low recently.

Well, until this beastly group.

As much as the Avengers wanted to trust her, it really was difficult while Y/N kept facts about herself hidden from the team.

But, what else could they do?