Chapter 5

A/N: I've decided to make Ciara's first year perhaps two more parts long, because idk, her first year just isn't it.

Ciara waited outside the statue of a Griffon and suddenly its beak opened.

"Password?" It asked, and Ciara looked down at the parchment McGonagall had given her. In elegant cursive it read 'Amato, animo, animato, animagus'. Of course the password was that.

"Amato, animo, animato, animagus." Ciara recited, and she could have sworn the Griffon smiled at her as it turned around, revealing a winding staircase. Begrudgingly, the girl climbed the bronze steps, careful not to lose her balance as the Griffon turned around once more.

As she reached the top of the stairs, she was greeted by the familiar portraits of past Headmasters and Headmistresses, along with crimson furniture and upon a raised platform: McGonagall's desk.

She walked up a few steps, and the Headmistress looked up from whatever she was reading, looking rather distressed.

"Is everything alright, Professor?" Ciara asked, feigning sympathy. Her Headmistress furrowed her brows and pinched the bridge of her nose, closing her eyes. "I've just received news of Xenophilius Lovegood's demise." She recalled sadly, opening her eyes once more.

Though Ciara revealed no emotion externally, internally she was panicking, quadrupling the reinforcements she had around her mind. She couldn't risk McGonagall finding out that it was her that had killed him. It would not only endanger herself, but the entire resurrection of the Dark Lord.

"How did he die?" Ciara asked, but was quick to mentally slap herself for the question. McGonagall gestured for her to sit in the chair opposite hers as she placed a piece of parchment in the bin next to her desk. "Mr Lovegood was killed by the killing curse. At least it was a painless death." McGonagall said morosely.

Oh, she has no idea, Ciara thought to herself.

"Now," the Headmistress said, clapping her hands together. "Let us move onto lighter conversation. Tell me about yourself, Miss Malfoy." Ciara snorted. Light conversation and speaking about herself honestly weren't two topics that went well together. At all. But in all seriousness, she had to say something.

"My name is Ciara Bellatrix Malfoy and I am a Pureblooded witch, daughter of both House Black and House Malfoy. My father's name is Lucius Abraxas Malfoy and my mother's is Narcissa Druella Malfoy, née Black." Ciara said flatly, having recited it many times before. It was all she could think of that wouldn't sound suspicious or questionable.

McGonagall stared dryly at the girl, arching a brow. "Enough of the cheek, Miss Malfoy." She scolded, "You will do this task properly or I will give you actual punishment for your absence earlier today." Ciara groaned internally as she straightened in her chair.

What could she tell the Headmistress?

"My name is Ciara Malfoy and I am eleven years old. I enjoy reading and learning spells." Ciara tried again, and McGonagall nodded. "It's a start." She said, sighing heavily.

"How about we try an easier question?" Professor McGonagall suggested, and Ciara shrugged begrudgingly. "What or who do you want to be?" McGonagall asked, clasping her hands in front of her. Ciara smirked to herself. This was an easier question indeed. "I want to be the most powerful witch in the wizarding world. I want to be greater than the greats." The Malfoy girl admitted, already picturing her perfect future of power and worship.

McGonagall cocked her head in question. "Why do you want to be the most powerful witch in the world?" She asked softly, and Ciara frowned. "When you have power, you have control. You have freedom." Ciara answered quietly, and the Headmistress frowned. "Do you not have freedom now?" She asked, her eyes softening just a little bit.