Chapter 12

Angel's POV

I sleep a whole day away in Sardonix's bed, to wake up in the early stages of the next dawning night. I see a brown city sky turning navy blue when I sit up, and beside me I see a midnight coloured silk robe.

I can hear masculine murmuring out in the living area of the penthouse from Sardonix's pack, so I slip out of bed, putting on the robe. I refresh first in the restroom, washing my face and brushing back my long dark brown hair.

I close the robe in the middle around my naked breasts, and I tip toe out into the living area to see what's happening.

The whole penthouse is lit by beautiful candles and lanterns, while the pack sit around a huge dining table filled with what can only be described as a mega feast.

The Satanic Priests have full plates, quietly speaking to one another – however, when I walk out to the bar, to get myself a glass of water, my presence has the pack silent.

I blush with the power I hold over them, while Sardonix is right next to me, filling a wine glass to the brim with a freshly opened bottle of red wine. He has stiffened when I walked up next to him to pick up a glass and turn on the tap.

I glance at Sardonix sideways and then over the rest of the pack, who are giving me a generally-suspicious vibe off the whole table.

My guess is they wanted to fuck again, soon.

Around the back of the bar is a bigger kitchen and a few hired chefs run around cooking up more food.

They aren't fazed by my appearance although the pack are.

"What's the special occasion?" I ask, a little husky from my deep sleep still wearing off me.

I do note that the pack didn't fuck me as men, like they said they would. I thought it was odd but thought nothing of it, until I witness their reactions now.

"We always eat big," Sardonix explains, a little too smooth.

I give him another sideways glance as I side step closer to the sink and twist a hand behind me nervously, feeling along the bar as we speak.

"You can't look me in the eye," I tell Sardonix this directly, and he looks from the glass cabinet holding all the fine wear, to looking straight into my eyes.

"Come with me outside," Sardonix speaks so quickly, although now he holds my stare, "...the clear sky... we'll look at the stars."

I try to read his expression. Usually he is easy with his menacing grace, but there is a strange coolness across his whole face now.

Hmm.

Something else has happened.

There's definitely been some kind of news... something bad... and it involves me.

I know simply for the fact he won't tell me right away.

"The sky," I repeat his words, "Sure. Okay."

"How's your marks?" Sardonix asks, a little more gently, motioning to my hips, and obviously, my butt...

"Healed," I am chirp and spritely with my reply, hoping that cheers him up; it doesn't.

"How do you feel?" Sardonix asks me, as he steps back, sculling his wine and turning to the balcony he is about to stride toward.

"Refreshed," I answer as my fingers trail along the polished bar, and then I follow his quick movement.

Sardonix murmurs an incomprehensible word under his breath and makes his way for the fresh air.