Chapter 1: Sharon's Rose

A few years ago, before Arm and the White Star publicly appeared. In the Henituse territory, the outer ward of Henituse Castle has a garden filled with flowers and nicely trimmed hedges.

A small maze was at the furthest of the yard and within the center of the maze was a small rose bush filled with thorns that only had one bloomed rose.

No one has taken care of this Rose bush, only a Redhead with a watering can in hand who keeps watering it from time to time. "Please grow," he calmly said to the rose bush.

The Redhead stood up and departed from the maze as he soon left the backyard after checking on the other flowers in the garden. He entered a secret tunnel inside the Henituse Castle that everyone had forgotten.

The secret tunnels connected into different paths leading to various rooms and hallways but the walls were very thin, capable to overhear footsteps and voices.

"Looks like the 'trash' young master disappeared again," said a maid to her friends "I wish he just disappears and never returns ever again" her friend replied. They were the only ones in the hallway so they spoke out loud.

Cale Henituse, who was that 'trash' young master they spoke of, was within the secret tunnel listening to their idle chatter without them noticing.

He then walked away as if he heard nothing.

The reason why he was called 'trash' was because he threw bottles, caused trouble in inns, and would start fights every time he drank alcohol, although it was just the rumors.

He paused when he arrived in the kitchen when he heard Beacrox and Ron, the father-son duo, talking to each other. "I think I may be getting too old but I'm hearing footsteps in the walls, maybe rats are walking around the castle that we need to get rid off"

"I'll get rid of them, please get some rest, Father."

"I'll leave it to you" Ron then left the kitchen to Beacrox.

Cale quietly sneaked hoping he won't be heard-

Bang!

As he was about to pass Beacrox, a knife was hurled that pierced through the wall nearly hitting Cale's shins.

He held his mouth using both of his palms as he sneakily walked away.

He returned to his room, sighing a breath of relief. He took his magic bag and cloak and hid them under his bed and left his room.

The servants that notice him all cower and talk behind his back. He leaves them alone, not batting an eye to any of them.

In the hallways where nobody was there, he heard a voice behind him. "Are you the lord of this territory?" Cale turned to look, he could see a ragged youth with black hair.

"Why do want to see him?" Cale was dubious of the stranger in front of him. "Please, I need your help, our village was destroyed by unknown people" The black-haired youth begged and pleaded.

Cale paused before answering "I don't think I can help you with that." As he turned around and walked away, he heard his plead slowly starting to silent "Please, please..."

Cale didn't hear any more of his pleading suddenly, silence, he felt odd, he felt as if bad intentions were approaching him. He looked behind him but he could no longer see the black-haired youth.

Without thinking the black-haired youth was lifting him on his collar.

His vision turned red as he was about to get beaten, unexpectedly, a red-furred cat pounces on the black-haired youth as it landed, they hissed at the black-haired youth.