𝐈𝐕 . that's a gun

⊰❃⊱

TATIANA WAS TOO distracted by the stickiness that was now making her nice shirt stick to her skin, and her growing anger, to watch John B's growing hostility towards the dirty blonde Kook.

"JJ, what the fuck?" Tatiana spat at the drunk blonde, not looking at him. Sarah hade her way over to her friend, assessing both her friend's feelings and her clothes, aware of John B's rage.

Topper laughed. "See what happens?"

Pope approached his brunette friend, trying to calm him down. John B was having none of it. He stepped towards Topper, harshly pushing him back into a tidal pool. By then, Tatiana and Sarah's attention had been captured by the two scuffling boys.

Topper gains the upper hand quite quickly, shoving the brunette into the tidal pool himself. "Don't make me drown you like your old man," he threatened.

Tatiana's eyes widened. That was a line that was crossed by miles. Everyone (minus the Tourons) knew about the story of John B's father. He went on a boat, went out to sea, never came back for dinner. Everyone suspected he drowned. Not John B, though. He always believed his father was out there.

Which, to be honest, justifies the boy's rage as he lunged at the Kook. The Kook, in return, landed a thudding punch to his opponent's face, leaving him slack-jawed and dazed. That really begins the real fight. Everyone was gathered around the two now, yelling out, catcalling, gawking, encouraging the two to keep fighting, purely because they needed the rush.

Tatiana and Sarah were holding onto each other. The two were disgusted by them, but they couldn't look away, like a train wreck. It was just too able to be watched and unable to looked away from. The fight was even, though. Topper's brutality and fierceness was matched by John B's desperation and agility. One was fighting for fun; one was fighting for his life.

Unfortunately, there will always be a slight miscalculation. That was John B's mistake. He didn't dodge quick enough, and Topper's punch sent him to the ground, to the water. Tatiana thought that Topper would stop there. He didn't.

Instead, he dragged John B to the tidal pool by his hair, taking advantage of John B's weakness, holding his head under the water. That's when Tatiana's panic began to expand. Her voice mixed with Kiara and Sarah's calls for the Kook to stop.