What The Fuck Is This Red Smoke?!

Theseus flew above the building that was practically falling apart and partially on fire, he flew towards an opening in the building.

Once he landed, he took a second to breathe before tucking his wings back in. He wrapped himself in his own enhancement, using it to hover over the floor slightly. He went up to the second floor.

He saw Dream, or rather just Clay in his vigilante suit, scouring the area for his brothers. He cleared his throat before opening his mouth, "Dream? What are you doing here on such short notice?" His voice changer rang out in the silent building. Dream turned his head towards the sound of his voice.

"Could say the same thing to you Theseus." Theseus huffed, gliding over to Dream's side. He could imagine Dream raising his eyebrow, "What the fuck happened to your foot, Thes?" Dream crossed his arms.

Theseus looked up at Dream, "Almost got squished by a piece of the ceiling." He huffed, "Have you gotten the people on the bottom floor out? I can't see any more people on the bottom floor."

Dream nodded, huffing in effort while lifting a particularly large piece of debris off of another passed out civilian. "Can you double check the bottom floor?" Theseus nodded, immediately moving.

Once he got to the bottom floor he began checking all the rooms. He lifted up some pieces of debris using his enhancement. He turned his gaze towards the grocery store, which was being covered by very large and heavy-looking pieces of debris.

He raised an eyebrow, feeling oddly suspicious of this. He lifted his right arm, the pieces of debris and his hand lighting up in a bright red as he lifted it up.

Once he got one piece of debris out of the way, he was hit by an overwhelming force that almost made his pass out. He barely saw the dark red smoke coming and when he did he immediately put his forearms in front of his face to protect himself.

Once the force wasn't all that overwhelming anymore, he withdrew the hands protecting his face. He squinted his eyes, trying to see deeper into the grocery store to no avail. He let out a breath of air, trying to collect himself.

 He let out a breath of air, trying to collect himself

(Pretend that it's the entrance not the exit.)

He heard multiple sets of footsteps rushing behind him. He boosted himself and turned around fast, his lifted his arm to wrap the people in his enhancement to contain them. Once he had a chance to breathe his vision cleared, he saw his brothers wrapped up in his own enhancement.

He sighed in relief, his head was spinning and he did not really want to deal with people while he was still recovering. He released them, "Primes, warn a guy next time. And maybe don't sneak up on them while their head is still spinning, yeah?" Theseus joked weakly.

"What the fuck is that red smoke?!" Flame barked out in wariness and surprise. "Like hell I'd know..." Theseus grumbled, turning towards the mysterious dark red smoke. "How did that even happen?" Dream turned towards him.

"Wha- Why are you all looking at me like that?! I didn't do shit! I just moved this thing!" Theseus gestured towards the large piece of debris he just moved out of the way. He saw 404 raise an eyebrow -because of his mask just covering his eyes- before turning back towards their current problem.

"Well, it kind of looks like your enhancement, Thes." 404 drawled. Theseus was offended, if his angry sputtering was anything to go by. "My enhancement glows bright red! Bright red!" He shouted, making his enhancement wrap around his hand.

"See?!" He waved his hand around like a maniac. "Besides why would I even do this?.." He grumbled angrily, Dream hummed. A few moments of silence went through all of them, not the regular calm silence they usually have after patrolling. "So.. we goin' in?" Flame asked, already stepping towards it.

"Why even ask if you're going in there anyway..." 404 muttered walking towards Flame, Theseus sighed and did the same. He could hear Dream's footsteps behind him, "Get ready, someone might be in 'ere..." He said quietly, but loud enough that all three of them could hear it.

He felt something uneasy in his gut the further they went in. The more that they progress through the store, the heavier the overwhelming feeling they all felt from beforehand grew. Theseus swallowed his magic rising up to curl around his hands, Dream's grip on his axe tightened, Flame's hands were engulfed in fire, 404's grip of his daggers tightened as well.

"The..?" 404 whispered, "Yeah?.." he answered just as quietly. "It's getting darker, can you light up your hands more?.." he whispered just as quietly as before. Theseus answered by lighting his hands up more, eyes darting around them in case of someone attacking.

"Hold on, I wanna try somethin'..." He muttered, the group stopped. Not bothering to look towards him in favor of scouting the smoke around them. Theseus took a deep breath, putting his hands together with a bit of space between them and summoned a bit of his enhancement. Once he deemed it big enough, "Ready?.."

"Ready? Ready for what?..." Dream answered quietly, his axe in position. "I'm going to light up the entire room." Theseus answered. He heard someone take a deep breath, "Go on then.. We're ready." Flame whispered, lacking his usual energy.

Theseus nodded, taking a deep shaky breath before releasing his enhancement. He kneeled right after releasing it, leting out a sharp wince of pain at the feeling of his ankle moving. He took a deep breath. He normally had better stamina than that...

Flame turned to him and kneeled beside him, the other doing the same. "You alright?" Dream asked immediately, "Probably not.. normally I have better stamina than that, I only got my ankle crushed... The smoke is probably draining me.." he answered, wincing when Flame held his ankle.

"What?.. I'm not getting drained... Flame, Dream?"

"I- No, I'm not..." Dream turned towards Theseus again, "Why is it only targeting you..."

Theseus coughed, bending over. Immediately, Dream and Flame hold him. He took off his lower mask -that had a gas filter- covering his mouth, blood spilling out of it. "Blood?..." Flame whispered.

Flame grabbed Theseus to lean him against his shoulder, he saw 404 and Dream whipping their heads towards him. "What the..." 404 said.

He felt blood trickling down his chin, he let out a shaky breath, "I'm -" he took another breath, suddenly feeling breathless. "M' gon'..." He saw Dream and 404 stalking closer in alarm. "The? Why are slurring your words?..." 404 held his chin.

His half-lidded eyes spotting the worried and panic expression in all their faces. "M' gon'... pass out.."

The last thing he heard and saw before passing out was a dark chuckle and his brothers' heads snapping towards the sound. His eyes darted around to try and find the sound. He saw a dark silhouette walking towards them with his hands behind his back.

His eyes rolled to the back of his head.

•-·-•

1189 words.
It took a day to write this lmao.