📍8📍

The unexpected call that made her excited ended three words later

The unexpected call that made her excited ended three words later. "Let's meet up."

❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎

A week in and Tomiwa was yet to recover from her unhealthy experience at Tobe's. She could swear she would have lost her sanity if not for Chizzy. Chizzy kept her busy with discussions that made her venerate the young lady's intellect.

"Tomiwa-" she shivered at the seriousness Tobi used to say her name, "-its past six am. Are you not going to get ready for work?"

She sat up on her bed lazily, rubbing her sleepy eyes with utmost care. "I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow," was the answer she mumbled to him for the past five working days.

Tobi, who had been at her door all the while, took a few steps into her room. "Tomiwa, what's going on? You've been acting strange."

"I'm fine."

"Then why would you refuse going to work? I know your secretary covers for you and all that, but what if dad finds out?" He paused to breathe. "No, no no, I don't even want to imagine the catastro-"

"Iretomiwa...." Her eyes flew to Tobi's with fear. He motioned for her to get dressed quickly while he distracted dad's attention.

She had not showered for two days straight and just a try to get the odour emanating from her underarms almost made her puke. But she didn't have a second to spare. She pulled her least favorite brown dress over her head and stamped the closest wig to her on her unkempt hair that appeared stunted due to lack of care.

"Iretomiwa..." Her dad called again.

"Daddy, I'll be out in a jiffy...." She tried to sound as calm as possible but the right pair of her least favorite black flats was stuck under her bed and retrieving it was becoming a nightmare.

A cobweb remover and a quick brush later, she stood nervously in front of her dad, thinking of how to explain her unusual lateness.

"Daddy, good morning...." She managed to say.

"You can take the day off." She almost relaxed. Almost. "Tobenna is expecting you at his house."

She could only bite the inside of her lips. She hated that name. She hated the mention of that name.

"I'm sure you've been there before." She nodded absentmindedly.

She would rather become a penniless widow.

"Good. You can take your time. You don't have to come back tonight." She nodded absentmindedly again, choosing to ignore the fact that her own father just gave her the permission to spend a night out.

God, you know me. I would rather become a penniless widow.

❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎

"Hey.... I'm really sorry. But I want you to stop this." She felt her heart shatter.