Counseling..

~Chapter 3~

~ "The Counseling.." ~

I'm walking to the counselors office wondering what the reason being that I was called there, "Did I do something wrong..did..did they figure it out...nonono stop thinking of such nonsense, I'm sure it's nothing and everything is fine...everything's always fine.." and with that last thought I let my mind relax as best It could while I looked out the window walking the long and treacherous corridors of U.A towards the counselors office.

Finally after what felt like hours the counselors office came into view, I quickened my pace coming face to face with the equally as large door as all the others and let out a sigh "Might as well get this over with as soon as possible.." I thought as I knocked on the door hearing a faint "Come In" upon hearing I'm granted access to enter I turned the door handle and pushed open the hefty door closing it behind me as I entered.

"Hello you must be Midoriya, is that correct?" The lady asked "Huh oh uhm yes...that's me..um I'm sorry to ask but uhm where-where's hound dog? isn't he the counselor.." I say trailing off at the end hoping I don't offend the nice lady, "Oh it's quite alright dear, yes he is the official U.A counselor but he has caught quite the cold so I'm taking his place for the time being." The lady replied in a kind voice "oh, o-okay" I said my nerves growing by the second, still unsure of the reason I was called here In the first place, "Midoriya if you would, take a seat please" The lady said with a small smile on her face not skipping a beat "Ah right" I jumble out stalking over to the seat in front of her desk sitting down making sure to keep my head hung low and keeping my gaze away from hers, fingers seeming to have a mind of their own scratching one another, though I pay no mind to it.

"Ah how rude of me, I know your name but you don't know mine, well then, hello Midoriya My name is Aika Asami, call me however you'd like" the lady now named as Mrs Asami said, Not letting her smile falter once, having this calm aura around her "Oh, uhm nice to meet you Mrs Asami..I. why exactly was I called here? I hope I'm not offending you I just, Uhm well I've just been waiting awhile and uh..." I trail off at the end not exactly knowing where I was going with that, "Oh of course, well why don't we get right to it then." she chirped with a smile, before continuing with next, frightening words..

"I was informed by your teacher that you were late to class this morning, Is there a reason for that maybe someone held you back? or something else?" Mrs Asami said which made me start to panic more in turn making my fingers dig into each other further, eyes darting around the room looking for any possible lie "okay I did not expect her to bring up THAT, I have to think of something....urgh calm down..calm down dammit...I SAID CALM DOWN" My mind keeps racing until I decide to at least say something so she doesn't get even more suspicions "oh Uhm hehe, I didn't get much sleep last night so I was lacking a little on the way to school, I didn't notice I was walking so slow till it was too late..." I say letting out an awkward laugh scratching the back of my neck and looking down "perfect, well not the perfect lie but hopefully it's believable enough, I just hope she leaves it at that.." I thought.

But, yet again I hear Mrs. Asami speak up, not wavering once "Okay, Your teacher also informed me that when you arrive to class you had a very big bruise, and from the looks of it the bruise hasn't gotten much better, can you tell me where or perhaps who you got the bruise from..?" Mrs. Asami said "SHITSHITSHIT, This isn't good UGH think of something god dammit" I internally scream trying to think of another lie off the bat "oh I uhm, I was in such a rush to school I accidentally tri-pped.." I said fumbling over my words and making my voice a little louder than intended "Wow...Not even I believe that one...Ugh How am I so stupid, cant even lie right.." My thoughts were interrupted by a sigh from Mrs Asami, involuntarily making me look at her not prepared as to what she might say next

"Midoriya, if there's maybe someone bullying or hurting you in any way then you can tell anyone here. We are all willing to help out any student that sets foot on these grounds, and if there is bullying then that is absolutely unwelcome here." Mrs. Asami said, which instantly made my eyes dart open, utterly surprised "Bullying? wait...DO THEY THINK I'M BEING BULLIED.. is-is it how I act URGH I knew I should stop flinching so much or-or the stutter or Agh... I can't do anything right, can I?....I'm fine though...." I think while still looking at Mrs. Asami wide eyed and mouth agape "OH Nonono I-I swear it's n-nothing like that, trust me..everything's fine..I promis..." I let out in a rush being a little louder than intended, Mrs. Asami just nods while typing god knows what into her computer "Oh god I wonder what she's typing.." I randomly think "Okay, calm down, there's no need to freak out. I believe you, okay..? Now, you mention that you didn't get much sleep last night. Is there a specific reason for that?" Mrs. Asami said,

~~~~~~~~~~

My father resided in front of me, sitting on the sofa while I rested on my knees in front of him, he was staring at me like a wolf does a deer. a predator and prey. A minute before I was just lying in my bed, asleep in a lulled dream, I loved to be asleep..but, he barged in...grabbed my hair...I had no time to prepare for anything, I was screaming while he forcefully dragged me down the stairs, I couldn't walk by myself, every step hurt more than the last, but, than I ended up here,  a gag residing in my mouth..hands tied to the coffee table behind my back...and I knew.....I hated..no...I was terrified of sleeping..I was too vulnerable...I felt so safe a minute ago...so why...why did thi- SLAP. It stung....but..."I'm fine.."quieted cries stayed for days....And as did the growing eye bags...

~~~~~~~~~~

Although there was a sense of relief, there was also some rising anxiety, overfilling the internal cup, and my thoughts kept coming,"At least she let go of the whole bullying issue but now the sleeping one... God this lady does not give it a rest.." I thought "It hurt.." and than I screamed...to no one...before going to reply "Um I ended up studying really late, then when I actually was going to sleep I couldn't end up falling asleep.." I quietly mumbleed. I mean I wasn't fully lying, I really couldn't get to sleep.."okay.. and does your father know about the late studies or the trouble sleeping?" Mrs. Asami asks, "oh god",I quickly thought, the fear striking from the sheer mention of the man dubbed as my father "Well uhm n-no..." I say, barely audible "Okay.. Well, thank you for opening up to me. Right now I think it's best if you get some rest. You have quite the dark eye bags. How about I dial your father and you can have today off, I'll have to speak to him about your sleeping troubles as well as any other concerns, how does that sound, dear?" When Mrs. Asami was done talking I froze, I couldn't move, I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't see anything. There was a million thoughts running through my head "She-she's calling my father.. here...? and is going to talk to him about..." I didn't know what to do or how to react, "he would know, he would think I told them something" I thought, but, the main thought running through my head at that moment was "I- I'm Dead...."

1369 Words