Bakht- Pt 8

*****

*****

Zoya sat on the bed, a conflicted look rested on her features as she stared at her phone and then at Haider who was busy going through a few of his work emails. The airlines had granted him enough days off and he'd soon be asked to join again.

"Haider, mama ka call aaya tha."

Haider paused what he was doing, his eyes glanced at her for a few seconds before he sighed and kept the phone aside. Samra had been contacting the two relentlessly, asking them to come back and solve the matter rather than breaking all connections.

"Haider, it's been a month. Wapas chalte hai na."

Zoya placed a hand on his shoulder, looking at him with a hopeful expression. She enjoyed staying with him all alone. Having him all to herself but she couldn't be selfish. His mother was worried and so were the others.

"Gussa nahi aa raha hai tumhe? Don't you feel anything after what happened?"

He questioned with the slightest bit of curiosity. They hadn't spoken of the matter after that day and Haider couldn't see any signs of anger on her face either.

"Aaya tha but if I look at it through her perspective, I'd have been disheartened too. Yeah, her way of doing it was wrong lekin Haider, she was just looking out for you. I'd not forgive her for disrespecting me when I was nowhere at fault but I can't bring myself to be angry after knowing she did it for you. Talk to her Haider."

He sighed at her words, feeling torn between the emotions of a brother and a husband. Not wanting it to eat up his thoughts, he pulled her in a tight hug. Zoya smiled when he snuggled into her. Her fingers brushed his hair lightly while he took his sweet time to arrange his thoughts.

"Let's go back then."

He murmured after more than a few minutes. Zoya gave him a wide smile and kissed his forehead and closed eyes. Haider couldn't stop himself from sharing her smile, feeling grateful for her.

"Main kya pehnu?"

Zoya placed her hands on her hips. She had nothing of hers in the apartment and was living off of his clothes. It wouldn't be too sophisticated of hers to appear in front of his parents in his shirt and her leggings that had been washed and thrown in a corner of the wardrobe.

"Kyu? Itni shirts mein se koi achi nahi lagi?"

Haider teased with a light smile. He was enjoying the privacy they had, but knew he had to mend things with his family.

Zoya gave him a stink eye at the question and huffed in dismay. Haider looked outside the window and then came up to her. Kissing the tip of her nose, he pulled her rogue pink coated cheeks with a smirk.

"No matter how much I like you in my shirts, it's not the most appropriate for the situation. There's a store a few lanes away. I'll buy you something real quick, hmm?"