Seeker

The fighting in the abyss had stopped. The eyes of everyone were now focused on something much more pressing. The light that erupted from the Seekers' tunnel was growing brighter by the second. Whatever it's source was, it was getting closer. When the ground started to shake, something was very clearly wrong. In what could only be described as an eruption, the skulls of vessels launched into the air, revealing more of the blinding light the opposing armies had seen. Floating gracefully up from it, was none other than the Radiance.

However, something seemed different about her from when she had last been seen. She seemed to be near perfect. She wasn't the same barely living moth she had been when the moth tribe abandoned her. She was full of life, full of power, and- tired. The seekers instinctively dropped to their hands and knees and bowed to their goddess.

The Radiance communicated through thoughts. She didn't need to speak, but she could still be perfectly understood. "Why have I been placed in this dreary place?" She questioned.

Tentatively, a seeker replied. "Oh great goddess, this was the only way to revive thee, to have thee return to this world."

"Though I am inclined to believe there may have been alternative methods, I must commend the efforts of your clan. Now I must leave this place. I have much to attend to." The Radiance conveyed.

"I am afraid we cannot allow you to do that, Radiance." Came Hornet's challenge. "You are a danger to Hallownest, and your trail of death and destruction ends here."

Unimpressed, the Radiance turned to face Hornet. "Ah, so you are Hornet; daughter of Wyrm and Beast."

Hornet was a bit taken aback by Radiance's knowledge of her past. Nevertheless, she remained steadfast. "I will not allow you to wreak havoc upon my Kingdom. If we must clash, so be it."

The Radiance laughed a hearty, thunderous laugh. "Gendered child, I would suggest avoiding a direct challenge in the future. Before I do anything, I have a query or two for you."

Confused, Hornet allowed the Radiance her questions.

"Is your father dead? The Wyrm, is he deceased?"

Hornet paused for a moment before answering. "He is."

"And the moth tribe? Have they perished as well?" The Radiance asked.

"Yes. The last of the moths passed years ago. My sources claim that in her final moments, she remembered you." Hornet explained.

The Radiance nodded, or at least did what passed as nodding for her. "Then I have no quarrel with you. I have no quarrel with your kingdom either."

Hornet was shocked. Had the Radiance always been this way? Had killing her been the wrong move? Could... Could the little ghost have been spared? The Hollow Knight? Mala? The Radiance was quick to answer the indirectly posed questions.

"I can sense your uncertainty. Rest assured, my destruction was necessary. I had lost myself to my rage. I had no plans on stopping. Now, I am reborn. I am in control."

The Godseeker emerged from the tunnel carrying the vessel responsible for the Radiance's return and cackling to herself. "Ah, Radiance, we welcome thine light. However, this light must be extinguished. The darkness shalt rain supreme!"

Deep below the surface, Gravel was running at full speed. They needed to get back to the rest of the group to try and undo as much of their mistake as possible. However, a slumped over form caught their attention. It was Inge, and they were hurt badly. "What happened?" Gravel conveyed.

"I lost." Was the only reply from Inge.

Gravel grabbed Inge's arms and started to tug them. "Leave me." Inge ordered. "There is no time. I won't make it either way."