End

It had been quite some time since my last visit to Hallownest. Yet, it only took a few steps into the White Palace to realize that something was different. Something was missing. There was no tackling hug from Curth, one of my two living friends. I didn't know where they were.

Before long, I found Hornet, accompanied by the Radiance. I guess the confusion on my face was obvious, because she started to explain what had happened. As the story unfolded, I slowly realized that the friendly vessel would no longer be around to greet me when I visited. I was shocked. I wasn't expecting to lose another friend, especially not like this.

I wasn't sure how to handle what was being told to me. With no other ideas, I took a walk around Hallownest. As I walked, I thought about Curth, but they weren't the only one. I thought about the knight, Mala, the vessel named Gravel, and all the other friends I had made, who weren't around anymore.

It saddened me to know that with them, died their stories. They would be forgotten, lost to time. It finally hit me. I was looking for a way to process the loss of my friends, and also a way to make sure their stories lived on. I would write their stories.

I spent the next several months traveling Hallownest with Hornet, gathering any information I could about what exactly had happened while I wasn't here. I made sure to take notes, so I wouldn't miss anything.

My own story was easy enough to draft. I knew the details myself, and what little I wasn't sure about, I could reference the game. Mala's story took me deeper into Hallownest's history than I imagined it would. It was tricky to find information, thanks to the pale king trying to purge it all, but the story was pieced together. Gravel's was more difficult. Ancient Hallownest history tied into current events I was absent for, made filling in details rough. Fortunately, I had Hornet, and Vayne and Favian were more than willing to tell their friend's story.

Before long, I started writing on Wattpad. On June tenth, two-thousand-twenty, the first chapter of my own story was released. I added humor to it to make a more enjoyable experience, but soon I realized it was more important to tell my friends' stories unfiltered. Naturally, most of the joking nature of 'Vessel' phased out by the time I wrote the next story.

SLASH was the story of Mala and their ragtag group of vessels. Admittedly, I didn't have as much to work with, so the book was rather short, especially compared to 'Vessel' and even this story. Yet, it was still important to have the story told.

And finally, Irredeemable was set to be written. In all honesty, this was the story I was least certain about the events of. I admit that some parts are inferences, pieced together by what I believe is the most likely scenario.

These stories were a form of catharsis for me. They truly helped me to process the loss of my friends, while doing good for them, in the form of sharing their stories. And I have to say, it worked. I was able to put my mind at ease, knowing that I had done all I could for them.

What I didn't expect was the massive outpouring of support. 'Vessel' in particular blew up larger than I ever imagined. What's incredible, is that it still seems to be growing. I can only hope the others will as well.

This has been a two year journey now, and it's one I'm glad we were able to take together. Over fifty thousand reads, and a hundred twenty followers later, I'm afraid that like all things, these stories have an end. And this, I'm afraid, is unfortunately that ending.

I have nothing left to tell. There isn't another story yet. For everyone in Hallownest's sake, I hope there aren't any more. After all these years, surely they've earned some peace. Hornet and the vessels especially have earned that peace. While I have not earned it, I do plan to visit, frequently.

With that said, I want to thank you. All of you. Without you, none of this would have been possible. When you joined doesn't matter. You could have been here from the very beginning, or you could have just found these stories today, (speed reader) but no matter what, your individual reads, your votes, and your follows, if you chose to do so, were all incredibly valuable. I cannot stress enough how much each and every one of you means to me. So once again, all I can say is thank you. Thank you for taking this crazy ride with me.

I'm afraid I may have overstayed my welcome. My work here is done, and I only have one more thing to say. I hope you enjoyed this story, and this series at that, and I'll see you sometime in the future. Thank you for reading.
- Muttboy30/Univessel Studios.