Mutation

I let out an ear piercing shriek and fell to my knees, clutching my sides and pressing my forehead to the dirt. I was vaguely aware of the tears falling, the sound of clothes tearing, and of the feeling of my muscles and bones shifting and rolling against my skin as they changed.

My ears where ringing and my head hurt. When the initial pain faded away I was gasping and shaking, curled into a ball staring at the ground with teary eyes. I heard whispering and muttering not far away, and I looked up and uncurled slowly, my muscles aching.

I went to wipe the tears from my eyes when I noticed something. My hands where larger, and pinker, with a rubbery texture. I looked at myself and saw my skirt and shirt torn, patches of the same pink, rubbery skin.

 I looked at myself and saw my skirt and shirt torn, patches of the same pink, rubbery skin

"What... happened?" I asked myself. I heard footsteps approach me, and I looked up to see a turtle with a purple mask staring at me. "What happened?" I asked him, louder, less shaky. "You mutated. The ooze you got splashed with rapidly changes the genetic structure of organisms, although... I don't know what animal your genetic code mixed with." He said, kneeling and holding my arm and studying it.

"Um... I think.... axolotl." I answered. "Okay. That's one question answered. My name's Donnie, what's your name?" He asked softly.

"Aja. My names Aja." I said. "It's nice to meet you Aja." A turtle in blue said, drawing my attention. "She's taking this better than Baxter, at least." Someone mumbled. "I think that's just shock." I said, slumping forward and blacking out.