Chapter Thirty-One

TVD
3x14

Elijah is standing at the bottom of the stairs "Uh, if everyone could gather, please."

All the Originals are standing on the staircase Cassie is there as well she looks at Kol and whispers "I don't see why I have to be up here too."

Rebekah smiles leaning back slightly, speaking softly to the blonde alien "because Cass, you are now a part of this family."

Kol smiles at her whispering in her ear as he pulls her into his side "that's right my darling you are part of this family now"

Elijah addresses the company. Esther walks down the staircase from upstairs. "Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."

They get to the bottom of the stairs and Kol holds his hand out to Cassie, the blonde smiles taking it and he leads her into the ballroom, the song Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran is playing and Cassie smiles "I love this song"

Kol twirls her and she gets twirled into Klaus' arms "Hey Cass."

She smiles as she dances with him "Hi Nikky."

Klaus smiled at his best friend as he spins her around noticing the ring "that's new.... when did he ask?"

The blonde alien smiles looking at the engagement ring on her left hand "while we were in Paris, the story I was telling Bex this morning was the when and where it happened."

Klaus smiles at her again "Congratulations Cassie, you both deserve to be happy."

Then the song ends and Cassie smiles at Klaus "thanks Nikky"

Kol walks over to Cassie after the thing where Rebekah backed out of killing her date wrapping an arm around her waist, she smiles back at him and he kisses her on the head. Cassie smiles "What have you been up to?"

Kol smirks at her "just helping my baby sister out with something"

Cassie laughs giving him a look "is someone dead because of it?"

Kol can't help the laugh that comes out "No."

The blonde grins at him "I'm surprised, I've honestly come to expect it from you at this point."

Kol smirks at her "that's only because Bex backed out last minute."

Cassie lays her head against his shoulder laughing "oh my god, I'm surprised that you didn't do it anyway"

Kol just smirks at his soulmate "the night is still young who knows, maybe I will."

Crystal rings. Esther addresses the guests from the staircase. She has a glass of red-tinged champagne in her hand. Kol grabs two champagne glasses from the waiter and hands one to Cassie. "Good Evening, Ladies and gentlemen. Waiters are coming around with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy than to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Kol and Cassie clink their glasses together and everyone drinks from their glasses, including all the Original vampires.

A little while later after talking to Caroline, Cassie sees Elijah but she doesn't see Kol so she walks over to Elijah "hey have you seen Kol? He left me to talk to my sister for a bit but I don't see him."

Elijah smiles at his soon-to-be sister-in-law, "I hear that congratulations are in order and I saw him go out on the balcony."

Cassie smiles at him "thanks Elijah on both of those things."

He nods at her with a smile and Cassie walks out in time to see Damon tackle Kol over the balcony, Cassie rolls her eyes jumping down with them landing on her feet right in between the two and she glares at Damon, she felt her protective instinct kick it "back off Damon... before you do something that you're going to regret."

Kol lays a hand on her shoulder "it's okay darling." The rest of the Mikaelsons and Elena come out from the opened door and see Cassie standing between Kol and Damon her arms crossed and a glare on her face.

Damon looks at Elena "Far be it from me to cause a problem." Damon turns his back and walks away.

Later that night Kol looks at Cassie "I would have been fine Cass."

She lays her head on his shoulder "I know but I just, my instinct was to protect you, I wasn't thinking about the protection ring, the only thing I was thinking was that I wasn't gonna let him lay a hand on you more than he already had." He smiles and leans down and he kisses her.