Chapter Forty-Two

4x14

A few hours later Cassie wakes up her head still in Astrid's lap, the older blonde smiles at her "Hey baby... Are you feeling any better?"

Cassie sighs sitting up "a little but the emptiness I feel now is gonna take some getting used to... and as long as he's dead then it's not gonna go away so like it or not I am going to have to get used to it."

Astrid nods kissing her sister in the head "we'll get through this Cass, I'm gonna be there to help you every step of the way for as long as you need me and even after that I'm not going anywhere." Cassie gives her a small smile very grateful to have an older sister as amazing as Astrid is.

Caroline looked at Cassie "I'm here to Cass." the older Forbes gave her a smile, she was grateful to have both of her sisters

Tyler walks into the house he had a laptop and the sword wrapped in a blanket in his hands. Klaus is sitting on the coffee table. Klaus looks at them "Well, if it isn't little orphan Lockwood. Come to show how laughably impotent you are against me?"

Tyler looks at him "I'm just trying to help my friends find the cure." Caroline rolled her eyes this stupid cure was the reason her sister was in so much pain.

Tyler reveals the sword from the blanket. "Found this in your attic."

Klaus looks at him with a raised eyebrow "And you think finding the sword brings you closer to the cure?"

Tyler looks at him "You tell me. I was playing around with the handle on the ride over, and I found this." Tyler unwraps the leather on the top of the sword, revealing some sort of turning device. Klaus gets up and walks over to Tyler.

Astrid walks over joining them with a smirk "And what do you think 'this' is?" Caroline gets up and looks at her boyfriend "that looks like a cryptex." Tyler looks at her. she shrugs "I've seen The da Vinci Code. You turn the different sides to the different symbols to get the translation on the other side."

Tyler turned to the table "And with the magic of the internet, Elena sent over these." the hybrid holds up print-outs of Jeremy's tattoo. "So now all we have to do is cryptex away."

Tyler gave her a look that said 'help me' making the blonde vampire roll her eyes but she walked over to him and Caroline sits down, she muttered " I don't even care about the stupid cure... it's the reason we're in this mess in the first place." Astrid cracked a smile hearing what she said, the youngest blonde did not sound too happy to be helping right now. Caroline gave Klaus a look "If you happened to want to help, we wouldn't stop you."

Klaus smirks "Right. Well, might I suggest using the magic of the internet to purchase an Aramaic-to-English dictionary from your nearest retailer?"

Tyler turns to look at his girlfriend "What's Aramaic?"

Caroline looks at him "It's a dead language. It hasn't been used since, like, biblical times."

Klaus smirks again "Qetsiyah's native tongue, I'm guessing. You know, even if you had the best dictionary in the world, it could take days to translate."

He sits down "Perhaps weeks."

Cassie gets up and stands beside her big sister she smirks slightly "In bas so-teen-too ara-ma-eet."

Everyone but Klaus looks at her in surprise Klaus just smirked having been the one to teach the language to the blonde alien.

Astrid looks at her baby sister "whoa Cass since when can you speak Aramaic?"

Cassie smirks at her "Nik taught it to me... I was bored so he taught me how to speak and read a dead language... I didn't know you spoke it."

Astrid smirks "I was taught it as a child along with a bunch of other languages as well."

Caroline looks between the three of them "what does that mean?"

Klaus grins at her "If only you spoke Aramaic."

Caroline has the pictures of Jeremy's tattoo and index cards of the Aramaic symbols lying on the table. She has the computer open and is sitting with Tyler. "Okay, this is it. We've translated all the symbols on the tattoo." she reads the translation "Passage inside...requires a young senator, and a pretty flower."

Caroline rolls her eyes clearly irritated and not because of the wrong translations "Okay, none of this makes sense!"

Klaus smirks and speaks Aramaic, then the English translation "Requires a powerful witch and a hunter in full bloom."

Tyler looks at him "What are you doing?"

Klaus doesn't look at him as he answers "I don't need to tell you my reasons. Caroline. Bring my sword over here." Caroline has brought the sword close enough for Klaus to read the cryptex. "Silas rests on the far side, the means of his destruction at hand." He glances at the pictures of Jeremy's tattoo on the computer screen. "Turn the cryptex to the right." Caroline obliges "Stop. The top of the hilt reveals a key to a nautical map. Turn it to the left." she turns it "Now turn the other piece." she does "There's something else."

Klaus speaks in Aramaic, Caroline looks at him "What does it mean?"

Klaus just smiles at her "Klaus, what does it mean?"

Cassie smirks slightly before she starts laughing they all look at her "what?" she just kept laughing but it's more of a bitter laugh than because it's funny, then she glares at nothing in particular "oh well isn't that just rich" Astrid rubs her sisters back in a comforting manner.

Caroline gave the sword back to Tyler and walked over to her sister "what is it Cass?" the older blonde whispered what it was in her younger sister's ear. Making Caroline roll her eyes with a scoff "of course it'd be something like that."

Tyler pulls his phone and dials a number and a few minutes later Rebekah's voice is heard on the other end of the phone "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Tyler. We have the translation of the tattoo. We're emailing you pictures of the map and instructions right now."

"Got it. Thanks."

Klaus cuts in "Actually, it was me."

Rebekah sounds surprised "Nik, you helped?"

Klaus smirks "You sound so surprised, little sister."

"Shouldn't I be? I mean, you don't want me to be human. You don't want any of us to be human. Why would you help us find the cure?"

"Maybe I finally realized the longer I stand in the way of what you want, the longer you'll continue to hate me. Perhaps I want my sister to finally know happiness."

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me a hundred times--" Rebekah starts but gets cut off by Klaus.

"No more fooling. No more games. I hope you get to live and die, as you wish."

Rebekah smiles "So do I."

"There is one more thing, Rebekah." Tyler looks up; Klaus speaks quickly "There is only one dose of the cure. You need to find it first and take it. It's the only way you'll--" Tyler rushes to end the call before Klaus can finish what he was going to say.

Tyler walks out of the house, Caroline hugged her sister "I'll be back in a little bit." Cassie nodded hugged her back and then Caroline followed Tyler out and onto the porch.

Klaus looks at the two blondes with him and nods to Cassie "get her out of here... take her back to the Manor"

Astrid nods and looks at her sister "come on baby let's get you out of here?" Cassie nods standing up and then looking over at the sheet-covered body a single tear falling down her face as Astrid wraps and arm around her shoulders and leads her out of the house.

Cassie takes her sister to where the car is parked "I'm not leaving our car out for someone to steal" she tosses the keys to Astrid "you can drive, I'll tell you where to go" Astrid nods climbing in the driver's side while Cassie takes the passenger seat.

Astrid starts the car and heads in the direction that her sister is telling her to go, taking them back to the Mikaelson Manor. 

***
Won't be much longer now until Cassie gets her revenge.