Chapter 15 - Against the Yamabushi

Naruto: Tales of Ashihara

Prologue – Arc 2: The Daitengu

.

Chapter 15: Against the Yamabushi

.

Tokiwa looks around and sees how well done Naomi's ice trap is. She can't liquefy the ground to swim through if the temperature causes it to quickly freeze and go solid again. Maybe Sasuke Uchiha warned this woman about the abilities of the yamabushi. Or maybe she simply an incredibly fast ability to adapt and overcome a problem, figuring out a way to counter Amabie's powers just by seeing her swim underground for a moment...

"That's a well thought trap. Did you prepare this much to fight me?" says Tokiwa.

"Not at all. I just saw the samurai run after a dirt wave and decided to stop it in my way." explains Naomi. "Turns out you dodged it and revealed a weakness."

"So I'm really just an idiot..." remarks Tokiwa.

At least, she notes that Naomi doesn't have any intel of her powers. She knows about Mutai, her jutsu to swim in solids, but she probably doesn't know about her other jutsus. Still, before engaging in any fight, she tries to talk this out.

"You know... We don't have to fight." she proposes. "You could just let me go with the handsome sitting behind me. Seriously. I really have no interest in a battle with any one."

"Good for you.... But unfortunately, I have very much interest in killing you." answers the mercenary.

Tokiwa sighs, realizing she has no way out of this trap. Behind, Tsubai stays sitting on the ground. He sees her from behind and observes her shape, voice, clothes to figure out what makes her so singular. What makes him feel so confused when he sees her. In his inner world, Daikoku is ashamed of his yamabushi. He is ashamed, because Tsubai really managed to fall in love at first sight with an enemy. He sighs in despair for him, which Tsubai feels. He turns around to see him.

"You're a dumb ass, Tsubai. You know that?" says the tengu.

"Just what am I supposed to do right now?" asks Tsubai who prefers to ignore Daikoku's judgment.

He doesn't answer. He knows that Tsubai will obviously not go against the mercenary. He's also not stupid enough to join Tokiwa's sides. He'll probably just sit and watch. But what will he do when the fight comes to an end? He can't let Naomi die, but would he leave the other woman to death? Meanwhile, none of the girls did a single move. They hear muffled sounds of blades colliding, that are coming from outside the ice dome.

"This Kekkei Genkai... Are you from the Yuki clan?" asks Tokiwa, observing the frozen structure in which they're trapped.

"..." Naomi stays quiet, not giving a shit about her question.

"That's odd. They're all supposed to be dead." adds Tokiwa.

"Well I'm right here... Won't say much of you in a few minutes." answers the mercenary.

She pulls out two kunais from her pocket and throws one to Tokiwa, but not to stab her. She throws it for her to catch it, which she does.

"Let's fight properly." says the mercenary before going forward to her enemy.

The two women go against each other with their kunai while Tsubai simply watches. Since none of them minded him, he supposes that his abstinence is acceptable. So he simply spectates the kunai confrontation. It takes not even a minute for Naomi to disarm Tokiwa, as she's imply more skilled in short range combat. Now facing an unarmed opponent, she steps forward and aims to slice her stomach with the kunai, but Tokiwa jumps back in time to dodge and joins her hands to throw a jutsu at the lost Yuki.