Chapter Nine 🤍 Mama Steve

Eddie sat at Steve's desk while he brushed Eddie's hair out.

Eddie was expecting Steve to be heavy handed, but Steve was gentle, splitting Eddie's hair into smaller sections working from the bottom of his hair to the scalp. Watching how it curls back up.

Eddie was enjoying the pampering; He was reminded of how his uncle used to brush his hair out when people put gum in it.

"Do you want me to put your hair Up?" Steve asks smoothing the top of Eddie's hair with his hands.

Eddie gives a small nod "yeah, please" Eddie says leading into the touch of Steves hands.  

Steve grabs a hair tie off his desk that was left by a one night stand he had.  but he wouldn't tell Eddie that. 

"Thank you." Eddie says after Steve puts his hair in the tie. 

"you're welcome." Steve says patting the top of eddies head. "Do you feel better?"  Steve asks smoothing down eddies small fly-aways. the simple touch made eddies stomach do flips. 

"Yeah." 

"that's good." Steve says stopping the small grooming session as a knock on his front door was heard, "stay here." Steve says walking out of the room and to his front door. 

Steve had apparently taken too long to get to the door, as he heard the small lock turn even Tho it was not able to be unlocked from the outside without a key, making it a dead giveaway as to who was on the other side. 

just as Steve makes it to the door it slowly opens, revealing eleven mike Dustin and will. 

"Damn you kids, get in here before someone sees you." Steve says ushering the kids into the house.  " Stop unlocking people's doors without permission eleven." 

"But you were not answering." she says siting on his couch.

Steve shut the door once all the kids were inside. "Why are you all here anyways?" Steve crossed his arms waiting for a response from the children in front of him, "because someone was supposed to pick us up so we could see our friends." Dustin says crossing his arms over his chest like Steve. Steve notices and shoves his hands in his back pockets. 

"Oh shi- sorry I can still take you all to go see max." Steve says now patting his body for his keys.

"No need. we walked." mike says standing up getting a juice from the icebox.

"Then why are you lot here?" Steve says with his hands now firmly on his hips and his brow raised.  

"WHERES EDDIE!?" Dustin yells.  "Oh, He's upstairs." Steve says pointing behind him at the stairs.

"I'll go get him!" Dusin says practically flying up the stairs searching all the rooms until he finds Eddie. Steve watches the other kids on the couch. 

"STEVE!"  Dustin yells from upstairs. Steve's head twists too look at the staircase where the younger boy had just disappeared to. Steve wastes no time darting up the stairs and to his room with the other kids following him. 

Steve pushes his door open, Finding Dustin on the floor with a violently shaking Eddie. Steve rushes over to Eddie pushing him on his side holding him in place while Eddie has his episode. 

"Out!" Steve says to the kids.

"Something's wrong with him." elven says her eyebrows kitted together. "I can feel it too." Will said as he rubbed at the goosebumps on his neck. "I SAID OUT!"