Chapter 16

-"...But don't do that!!"-I exclaim dodging Ryuko's fire breath, panting slightly I turn to her, the pain in her eyes it's just too much for me.
-"I'm sorry..."-she mutters.
-"Ryuko...come here"-I sit down by the entrance of the cave and pat the spot beside me, she sits down with a sigh.
-"Faythe...thank you for trying but I really don't..."-
-"What causes you to breathe out fire?"-I cut her off.
-"Well, I'm part dragon you see..."-
-"I know that already! But what do you feel when it happens?"-I try my best to speak gently, her crimsom eyes are now filled with fear.
-"Pain...burning...rage"-she explains softly her silky black hair covering half of her face as she looks down.
-"Rage...what thoughts make you enraged?"-I ask carefully, she seems to meditate this for a while before looking up at me.
-"Memories"-she finally replies, I'm dying to know which memories are those but asking would be pushing way too far.
-"I know what to do then...but it won't be easy"-the plan I have in mind isn't easy but I really hope it works.
-"Alright...tell me what to do"-she stands up and pulls her hair up in a bun.
-"You must think of one of those memories and feel the rage, this time...don't try to run away from it, let it flow"-I stand up beside her.
-"but...I can't do this"-
-"I'm the teacher and I decide whether you can or not, and I decide you can"-I half joke earning me one of her gorgeous smiles.
-"I'm ready..."-she closes her eyes, I can feel my heart pounding in my ears. She looks so focused, I bite my lip wanting desperately to help her.
-"Aaaagh!!"-she screams and fire escapes her throat.
-"Keep going! Let it flow!"-my voice is loud enough for her to hear over her own screams.
-"I can't!!"-
-"Yes you can Ryuko!!"-
Suddenly her eyes glow white and her palms burn with fire, then she collapses. What...in the name of the shiny armors happened...
-"She's alright, she just used energy she didn't know she possesed"-Zethyr says startling me, since when he's been standing there??
-"What does that even mean?"-I run to her side and place her head on my lap.
-"She unleashed more of her energy power that's all"-he explains softly carving in wood one of his flutes.
-"hmm..."-Ryuko slowly opens her eyes.
-"Are you alright??"-I ask sincerely worried.
-"Yes..."-huh? Before I even realize it, she takes me in her arms hugging me tightly, her shoulders are shaking and that's when I realize she's sobbing...I hold her close stroking her hair. My dear Ryuko...
-"She must be exhausted...take her in, I'll prepare you both some tea"-Zethyr says after blowing his flute to try it. I smile getting used to live with these two and take her into her room, I lie her down on the bed, she whimpers and holds onto me. I try not to chuckle and stay by her side...Ryuko...who are you? And what did you do to me...

...

Rage...pain...bright fire...every inch of my body it's hurting now, but somehow I feel slightly better inside, maybe Faythe was right and I only needed to let it flow...talking about her, where is she? Gasping I jump back as I realize where I am, and what I'm doing...I was hugging her waist as she sleeps peacefully beside me. It felt nice...safe...shaking my head I stand up, I once was a merciless dragon...Faythe changed me in ways I don't understand, she makes me feel different...if I'm beside her agony and fire don't scare me anymore. Ryuko what are you thinking?!
-"Ryuko?"-
Her voice makes me jump, I feel my cheeks burning red. Way to go Ryuko...way to go.
-"Faythe...you're awake"-I try my best avoiding sounding like the idiot I feel I am right now.
-"Yes...are you alright?"-she rushes to my side and takes my hands in hers looking for damage, thankfully there's none and she smiles bright. I smile warmly at her and open my mouth to say something but Zethyr's unhumanly scream pierces my ears cutting me off. What the...
-"RUN! RYUKO! FAYTHE! RUN! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!"-

Hello everyone!! I'm so sorry for taking so long!! *bows deeply* I hope you enjoyed this chapter and forgive me~
"Believe you are and you will be"
With much love Bel :3