Chapter 28

-"You're so useful Nat!"-Ruth tells me cheerfully after I fix her music box, I smile warmly and open my mouth to answer.

-"Hello Natasha"-Moonlight speaks before I do. I turn to look at her, she's...different.

-"Hello Sarah...everything alright?"-I really don't know what to expect from her anymore.

-"I...sorry to bother you, but you want to go for a walk with me?"-she's making a great effort to make her voice sound gentle, her tone is husky so that's not helping her much. I smile warmly, what the hell...I should give her a chance, right?

-"Sure, let's go"-I stand up, she smiles brightly excited like a child. Ruth chuckles and walks away.

-"Great! I mean...I'm glad you agreed"-she smiles shyly, this is a side from her I didn't know...

-"Where would you like to go?"-I walk towards the gates of the castle with her by my side.

-"Anywhere you wish"-her shoulders are tense, she's nervous
...I wonder why...

-"The shops in the west side of the town are very pretty, we can go there"-I walk feeling calmed, maybe if I'm relaxed she will relax too.

-"Sounds perfect!"-she falls silent, we walk like this for a long while, we get to the shops and I smile slightly excited.

-"Look! This one sells carpets!"-I watch the colorful patterns enjoying myself.

-"What's your favorite color Nat?"-she asks still shy.

-"Blue"-I answer my eyes finding hers.

-"Oh...really?"-she laughs nervously.

-"Come on, there's much left to see"-I pull her along the shops, when we stop at one selling caged birds she surprises me by buying three. She piles them up carefully and carries them around, slowly she seems more relaxed.

-"You prefer mornings or nights?"-she asks smiling.

-"I like both...the sun rising is a beautiful view, but the stars? I love as they shine against the dark blue sky"-I love nature, the sky is my favorite thing from it.

-"You're right! They sure are beautiful, I used to watch them with my sisters"-she says a bit sadly.

-"What happened?"-her sadness startles me.

-"Sarah...my sister, died, I was named after her and everyone expected for me to be like her"-

-"Oh...those memories are always the most beautiful ones, someday you'll recall your sister with love and not with pain"-I try comforting her.

-"Thank you Nat...how about you? Do you have siblings?"-

-"I had them, two elder brothers I admired and loved dearly, and a sister I was always compared to...that's why I understand you. My brothers died on a quest...my sister told me it was all my fault"-I feel a pang of pain in my heart, after so many years it still hurts...

-"I'm sure none of that was your fault, you're amazing Natasha"-she smiles warmly at me.

-"Sarah...thank you"-I feel my checks flushing. She smiles and walks away, what?! I quickly run after her, I follow her in silence not having the slightest idea of where are we going. We go past some trees and climb a hill, after a while we get to a cliff with a breathtaking view of the mountains. My eyes widen and I stand here speechless. She smiles at me and takes the caged birds.

-"Thank you for staying strong"-she says before setting them all free, we watch them fly away together. My heart feels warm, I'm happy here...must be the view.