so this is love

Anna Beth Prescott and Thomas Littlewood were soulmates. They met in high school, fell in love, and enrolled in the same university. They took the same course. They hope to create and run a business together one day. 

Anna Beth and Thomas were inseparable. They were soulmates. Best friends. Partners in crime. They would read in the library together, dance to songs in their dorms, and study together. Thomas would pass Anna Beth notes during lessons. They were never serious. They often just said i love you or you're beautiful. To Anna Beth, they were cherished.

As the two walked to class, Thomas moved Anna Beth's hair out of her face. They looked at each other and smiled. Thomas loved everything about Anna Beth; from her golden, honey-blonde hair to her eyes, as green as emerald city. 

Anna Beth loved everything about Thomas, too. His dark, brown hair; his chocolate colored eyes, his contagious smile. 

They walk to their first lesson of the day, hands enclosed with the other's. Before they walk in, Anna Beth fixes Thomas's tie, as it is crooked. They kiss once, and enter the hall.

Anna Beth writes and reads, studies and thinks. She looks at the clock. 20 minutes until break. She looks back down at her quill, and a paper ball is thrown. It lands on her book. She looks up at Thomas and smiles before un-crumpling the paper. It was one of Thomas's sketches. Anna Beth always loved his sketches. She kept all of them. This one was of her, studying. They looked up at each other. Thomas blew Anna Beth a kiss, and Anna Beth mimicked the act of catching it. 

"Thomas," Anna Beth spoke. "Join me for lunch?" Thomas held out his hand.

"As always, m'lady," he says breathlessly, kissing her hand. Together they went to the courtyard, to enjoy cookies that Anna Beth had made the morning of. Thomas loved her cooking. Baking made her happy, and her happiness made him happy.

"These are delicious," Thomas said softly. Anna Beth giggled.

"That's what you say every time," replied Anna Beth. Thomas put his arm around her.

"And every time I say it, I mean it," he said, and gave her a kiss. 

Back in Thomas's dorm, Anna Beth was reading her book whilst her head lay on Thomas's lap. She set it down and looked into Thomas's eyes. "I love you," she said, and Thomas leaned over to kiss her forehead. 

"I love you too, A.B. If one of us dies, I hope I die first."

"How come?"

"I don't want to live without you.