Chapter Fifteen: Tell You

{Louis' POV}

When I was a little lad, I had this bright red cape. My Nan had made it for me and I treasured it with all my life. And everyday, I would go out into the backyard or the park, and run around, my cape catching in the wind and moving around behind me, creating the sensation of happiness and excitement. My cape made me a superhero.

Over the years I started using it less and less, and when my eleventh birthday rolled around, the cape was packed away and I haven't seen it since. I presume my younger brother probably used it at some stage, but I certainly haven't seen it again.

We create fantasies in our minds, of how we want things to be. We imagine and adventure and use every bit of inspiration, very little story, to form amazing, creative ideas, spontaneous thoughts and genuine excitement. But once we hit a certain age, we start to think more about how to help people, without actually realising that to someone we might be nothing, but to another person- well we might be their everything.

I knock my fist firmly against the wooden door of the home, before locking my fingers together and holding them down in front of me as I wait on the doorstep. I wouldn't say I'm nervous as such, just a little concerned about how this is going to turn out. Most of my nerves were knocked out when I talk to her on the phone.

"Louis," Eleanor's voice snaps me back to what's in front of me. I look at Eleanor standing in the doorframe, her outfit casual and warm, her hair pulled back out of her face and a half smile on her face.

"Hey El," I reply, stepping forwards and hugging her. Eleanor hesitates a little but soon returns the hug and then leads me into the lounge room of the home where she grew up. I've been here a few times, and not much has changed since the last visit. "How are you?" I ask her once we are seated.

"About average, how about you?" Eleanor replies, her fingers trading shapes across her thigh, creating a small noise from her fingernails impacting upon the denim of her jeans.

"I'm good, yeah," I reply, giving her a smile. Eleanor gives me a small laugh in response and looks over to the kitchen.

"Do you want a cup of tea?" Eleanor asks. I reply that I'm fine without one and Eleanor decides she won't have on either. "Um, what's happening? You know, is everyone good?" Eleanor asks.

"Everyones' fine," I nod. "Um, Ella moved to Melbourne to take on a prestigious and dream job for her, and last night Niall told us that him and Asha are going to move out there in July and the end of Asha's school year," I tell Eleanor.

"Oh wow! That's, great, but also sad," Eleanor replies. It is great, especially for Ella. She is obviously super excited about her new job and told Niall that everyone there is lovely. But it's also sad that Niall is leaving and so is Asha. They're family, and it's going to be hard. But it's what's best for them.

Niall is Asha's superhero, he has been since she was little. Asha will be seven in December, which is fucking strange. I mean, Ash was two and a half when we met her, and now she's growing up and becoming her own person and it's really scary. But if she ever falls, she has her superhero to catch her. Asha has her Dad.

"And um, I sold our house, as you probably know," I say to Eleanor and she nods in response. Eleanor had to sign things to sell it too. "So, now I live with Zayn and Perrie," I add and Eleanor laughs a little. "But yeah, apart from that, it's all good!"

"That's great, Lou," Eleanor smiles and I chuckle, looking around the room and then my eyes meet back with Eleanor's. I feel my chest constricting and a whole heap of pain and guilt flooding through me. I can't do this anymore. I think this is the end. "Lou, I have to tell you something...."