𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙞.

act i.  heartbeat

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Holding the album tightly in my hands, I took a deep breath, flipping through the pages.

I... haven't been able to sleep in a while.

Closing my eyes, I closed the album, trying to get myself together.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hey, Zanshi? Will you be alright here by yourself? I have to get back home. Just... call us if you need anything, alright?", the brunette announced, standing up.

I looked at the album on my lap, mustering up the strength to mutter even just a word.

"Alright.", was all I could utter.

She only smiled, before starting to head to the door. Right before she could walk past me, I stretched my hand out to give her the album back.

The girl stared, sighing. "Keep it for as long as you want, you need it more than I do.", she said, before we parted ways, as I could only watch her walk out the door.

I could feel my breathing dampen, the headache only getting worse and worse with each passing second, each time the clock on the wall ticked.

Staring at the heart monitor, it was all I could do.

I shifted my gaze onto her.

With all the strength I had left, I said the following words, barely above a whisper,

"You won't leave, will you?"

I knew she couldn't hear me.

"After everything we went through,"

I held her hand in mine.

"Please..."