003 | Daybreak

「 𝐜𝐡.𝟑 ~ 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 」

The blazing midday sun shone relentlessly on Y/N as she was swerving on her bike around other vehicles, trying to avoid the lunchtime traffic. With wind brushing through her h/c locks and her hunger rising, she thought back on the events the occurred only a few nights ago when she spent time with two certain blonds.

Hanging with her brother and Draken seemed so easygoing but whenever she was alone with the dragon tattooed male as herself not Ryuu... it was always intense or awkward. The only time they could have a good time was if they spoke of memories they had with people that they both knew -- namely Mikey, Emma or even Baji.

She just couldn't understand why he couldn't talk about himself, or let alone Y/N open up. They've known each other long enough to be able to... but besides Emma and Mikey, she was the only one he couldn't communicate with easily. Maybe there is just something wrong with me that is the reason why he can't. Shaking the thoughts away, she turned the corner to enter a school where her bestfriend attended.

---

Y/N POV

You were going to meet up with Akari to get lunch together, seeing as she's been busy with her extracurriculars. Having made up two bento boxes till late the previous night in hand, you began now walking into the entrance of the school to find her classroom; ignoring all the fearful and confused eyes that were on you. Usually you'd beat up whoever was looking at you wrong or saying anything just cause but you couldn't care less today as all you wanted was to see your faithful friend.

Sliding the door open to her classroom, you noticed class was still in session but you didn't care. Murmurs could be heard amongst the students and the teacher turned to you to ask who you were and why you were disturbing the class. Dismissing their chatter, you eyed those red tresses you knew so well. "Heyy Senni-chin~ let's go eat, I'm starvinggg!" you called out, to which caught the redheads attention; a smile forming on her face as she grabbed her things, ran over to you and exited the class.

You wrapped an arm around her and smiled with your eyes, "So how have you been? I heard you engine a few nights ago so I am assuming you had another fight? I would've gone out to see you but my mum was hassling me over school work" Akari chirped. You let out a cheeky snicker and turned the corner to go into an empty classroom with her. She took a seat on one of the desks and leaned back, using her hands to prop her up.

"Yeah some new gang thought they were top shit and wanted to fight us. They lost of course and in record time! Now they are trying to join Toman because we are superior." you replied, taking a seat near the open window while passing the redheads neatly packed bento box which she takes almost gracefully before grabbing your own and starting to dig into it. "Oh wow, they probably like worship you guys as like your deities or something."

You choked on a bit of your food as you heard what she said, trying to contain you laughter that was just bubbling in the depths of your throat until you finally swallow and allow yourself to snicker at the comment. She joined you in your joy as both your chuckles echo in the quiet room you were in.

---

An hour or so had passed and you were now roaming the halls of Akari's school messing around. You had missed hanging out with her cause it was always just chaotic but carefree. But that time was about to be cut short as you hear a ding coming from your phone.

You had two phones -- one is your everyday one and the other is for Toman related stuff. It would ruin the secret identity if you had the same phone number to contact people on; especially Mikey, Draken and Baji. So for your summer vacation that was a week after you had met Draken, you got a part time job to get money to get another phone.