Chapter 2: jealousy

Before the bell rang, [Reader] slipped into their seat. 

"Just in time" [Reader] thought.

As the bell rang, one more student came in and sat down at an empty desk. Ms. Gonazalez stood up from the desk and smiled.

"Ok, now that we are all here, I would like to introduce a new student! He's from Greece. Mr. Alexander Papadopoulos, could you stand up and say one thing about you that you want us to know?" Ms. Gonzalez said cheerily. The brown-haired student stood up and walked to the front. He stood in front of the class, with a smile [Reader] for some reason despised.

"Hi! You all can call me Alex! My dad owns a bank in Athens, but my mom is from America, so she wanted me to go to school here in Arizona where she grew up. I can wait to meet all of you and become friends!" He said, sweetly.

[Reader's] eyes narrowed, looking him up and down. He was quite handsome, with tousled black hair most would swoon for and innocent doe eyes filled with warmth. He also had a sharp jawline and looked like he worked out, not as much [Reader] did though. When you do mixed martial arts, there's a certain amount of time you spend in the gym.

After Alex finished introducing himself, he sat down in the empty seat, which was unfortunately right next to [Reader]. 

"Hello! Looks like we're partners, huh?" He said with a smile. [Reader] just scoffed, turned away from him, and rolled their eyes. [Reader] didn't know why they hated him so much, they hanged with Ivy.

"Yep. We won't do anything together though. So whatever." [Reader] said with contempt, judgement, and condescension dripping from their tongue.  Alex looked at them in confusion. He thought back to his earlier words. He didn't say anything wrong, did he?

"Ok class, open your MacBooks and go to Google classroom." Ms. González said. [Reader]  did as she said and groaned. It was a group project. With their desk partners. While the school was project-based, usually this class they did projects on their own, maybe with a little help from their partner. 

"As you can see you get to work with your partners! You will each be writing your own short story and then combining the two stories. Make sure the story flows together and you make the different ideas and concepts makes sense. It will be difficult, but it will be fun! Start brainstorming your ideas on your own, and then write it at home. Tomorrow you will combine the two into a 20 page short story. So if one writes about a near-future science fiction, and the other writes about camping in the forest, then you can have it where they are hiding from the enemy. You have about 30 minutes to brainstorm together. Remember! Different ideas! Ok start!" Ms. González said with a grin.

[Reader] hit the desk multiple times, groaning. Alex looked at them in concern.

"Hey! Stop it! You're hurting yourself!" Alex said, putting a hand on their shoulder. [Reader] looked up with a sarcastic smile that, of course, he didn't notice. 

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" [Reader] said with a eye roll. 

"Um..okay? Anyways, we should get started, yeah?" Alex said question-ally. 

"Ok whatever. Just make the idea and I'll do it." [Reader] said, who whould rather write 20 pages than deal with someone who will just give them a migraine, and then they can't even write their part. 

"Why?" Alex said.

"Oh, I just love to write!" [Reader] said with a fake smile.

"Oh, ok. If you really want to, sure. I was thinking a story about how a boy meets a mysterious person in the forest, and the story follows him trying to figure out who the person is." Alex said, with a finger on his chin, thinking.

"Wow! Sounds amazing!" [Reader] said, living though their teeth.

"Que puta." [Reader] muttered under their breath. (What a bitch)

"What was that?" Alex asked.

"Oh nothing, just thinking of ideas. Super excited!" [Reader] said with a mocking face.

Soon the class was over, and an exhausted, annoyed [Reader] dragged themselves to the next class.

——x-x-x— — - —x—x-xx——x———-x—x——-x

The bell rang and [Reader] smiled in relief and happiness. They could see Jangmi! Quickly shoving their things into their backpack and they skipped to lunch. Sitting down at the table, [Reader] had a feeling of dread. Shaking it off, [Reader] unpacked their lunch. They could easily get a delicious lunch from the cafeteria, but mama's meals were just better. Going to the convection oven, they heated up the carnitas. When it beeped to let them know it was ready, [Reader] grabbed it, and turned around.

They immediately regretted it. There was the guy they absolutely hated, sitting on their table. Well, not their table. Jangmi's lap more like. Jangmi's face was nearing Alex's, and their lips met. The kiss quickly turned into a passionate make out session.

"[Reader]?," A voice said, hugging them. ,"Are you ok?"

[Reader] turned away from the scene, not being able to stomach seeing the person they loved, kissing the very man they hated. At least they know why they instinctively despised them.

They felt wetness on their cheeks, and wept it away, not realizing they were crying. Looking at the ground, they saw the glass and meat scattered on the floor, shattered. [Reader] must've dropped it in surprise.

"Fine. Excuse me." [Reader] said to Aesha. Then, they practically ran to the restrooms. 

After locking the door, they steadied themselves against the wall. Breaking down in sobs, [Reader] put their hands on the sink, and started punch themselves on the legs in anger. 

I told you, Jangmi hates you. Who would ever love your ugly ass?

This caused [Reader] to dissolve into more tears. 

Alex looks so much better than you. Maybe if you ate less like I told you, then this wouldn't have happened. Do you even love Jangmi? 'Cause if you did, then you would do anything for him, right? 

[Reader] nodded, too weakened, too distraught to argue. 

Then you could at least look good for him. If you want him to love you, which is basically impossible, but maybe if you weren't so fat, then you could get him to love you. 

[Reader] looked in the mirror and realized the voice was right. It was trying to help them the entire time. Why did they never listen? With new determination, they decided to make themselves perfect for Jangmi. Jangmi would want them then, right?

Statisfied, they decided to go to the library, where the questions of food would be avoided. They needed more romance books anyways. Maybe those would work.

[1116 words] not edited

Sorry for the last chapter. I know it was crappy. I will edit it later. Hopefully this one was better.  I will also edit the playlist to match the chapters. Each one, except chapter one(that one is a bit hard to find a song for) will be named based on the song that I put. Like how this is called jealousy, based of jealousy, jealousy.

What do you think of Alex?

I feel bad for him hehe

Anyways, the next chapters will be quite dark, mentally speaking. Sorry. 

Your everyday pan that you just made pancakes in,

Sapphire