Chapter 14

*Third Person POV*

Lloyd and Garmadon walked through the woods, hoping to find Nya before anyone else got to her.

"You said before that Master Chen was your sensei, but nothing else," Lloyd said hoping that his father would reveal more about his past with Chen.

"Son, there are things from my past that I am not proud of," Garmadon sighed shaking his head. "Perhaps it's time for you to know the truth. After the Devourer bit me when I was a child, it took years for all of the evil to fully consume me."

*flashback in bold*

"Good Garmadon. Good Clouse," Chen praised, "But you're both holding back. Might I add he who wins this fight shall become my right hand and be granted lordship?"

In response, Clouse used dark magic which Garmadon countered with his Spinjitzu which was a vibrant violet.

"He cheated master," Clouse complained. "You said Spinjitzu was forbidden."

Chen simply laid a hand on Garmadon's shoulder, "He did what he had to do to win. Congratulations Lord Garmadon."

"It was a time in our history when Man and Serpentine were not getting along. As our sides clashed, we wished for a truce. But not Chen," Present Garmadon narrated.

"Oh, peace is so boring, but conflict and turmoil, so unpredictable and exciting," Chen grinned.

"But, Master Chen, even the Anacondrai are making concessions. There could be a truce. There could be—" Garmadon was interrupted.

"Never trust a snake, Lord Garmadon. Remember that. Oh, don't look so sad. I've intercepted something that will make you feel better." Chen pulled out a love letter. "Your pathetic brother feels the same about that girl you admire."

"Misako," he breathed.

"His words are so heartfelt. They could sway how she feels about one of you," Chen persuaded.

"I didn't write this...I shouldn't be reading it!"

"Didn't you? It could be your name on it. Certainly, you feel the same," Chen passed the latter and a pen to Garmadon who signed his name, unaware that Clouse was watching them.

*flashback over*

"Mum thought that letter was from you!" Lloyd yelled outraged.

"As I've told you, there are things in my past I'm not proud of, but I have no regrets. You wouldn't be here otherwise. My fear of losing Misako controlled me and led me down a dangerous path. A path I hope to make peace with," Garmadon sighed.

Meanwhile, in the D.B express, Chen was pressing random buttons before Clouse spoke,

"Master, if our men couldn't find her, why do you think they will fare much better? If the girl gets that spell to the ninja, all of our plans will be jeopardized."

"Oh, Clousey Clouse. There's a reason why I'm the Master and you're my pupil," Chen patronised, "Why should I worry about the remaining fighters rising up against me when after today there'll be no fighters remaining? The little treats I gave them are tracking their every move. This little game isn't about them hunting the girl, it's about hunting them."

"Master, you are a devious one," Clouse cackled, Chen joining him.

Elsewhere on the island, Nya carved another Samurai X symbol into a tree. Hearing footsteps she quickly ducked into a bush.

Shade came out of the shade (hehe) and a horn sounded. Clouse appeared accompanied by some cultists.

"Your time in this tournament has expired."