Double Dating Friday Night

Luke ran out on stage hearing the crowd hollering for him with another performance. Carter stands by Chloe who has her head laying on his shoulder. Tonight I decided to wear a light orange-red dress since we would probably be going out again tonight. I started dancing around hearing Luke close out the night with the song that saved our relationship in a way. "This ladies and gentlemen is a very special one to me at the moment. Because it's the song that helped me and my girlfriend become stronger. So enjoy." Luke started singing the song flashing me a quick wink over his shoulder. "Roll in the bar, me and my crew. Their little plan to get me over you. They're hookin' me up, yeah. Buyin' me drinks with a thousand girls. There's just one thing. I can't go anywhere, I can't do anything. No, I can't close my eyes without you in my dreams. You won't leave me alone, even though I know you're gone. I look around for someone new, but I see you. Jumpin' up there with the band. Takin' me by the hand. Hey boy, come dance with me. Stuck like a melody in my head in the bed of my truck. By the light of the midnight moon. Baby, I see you."

"I'm releaved that night worked for you two. I don't think I could take anymore nights of Luke singing about you." Carter rubs his forehead with a heavy sigh. I snicker at his statement when the crowd started cheering and I felt familiar arms wrap around my waist from behind.

Turning around in his hols I grinned leaning up and kissing him. "So I have a thought. Why don't we go on a double date tonight. Like karokie or something?" He suggested eyeing my best friend and his over my shoulder since he was taller.

Chloe throws her fists in the air giddy at the idea. "Oh since we're in Kentucky there's some lakes by. We could go night swimming." Carter nodded in agreement so we all went back to the hotel changing into our suits. Throwing on a old tea shirt from high school and some shorts Chloe dragged me to the elevator and Luke insisted on driving for the night. Closing the passenger door I grinned throwing my arms up in the air.

"We're going on a double date night." Luke grinned singing back what I said and our friends joined in until we parked the truck near a lake in a clearing of woods that wasn't private property to anyone.

Carter and Chloe got out first. Luke rounded the truck opening my door for me like a gentleman. I tugged my shirt and shorts off seconds before I squealed feeling him picking me up running down to the water. "Luke, no. Luke agh!" I screamed when he jumped in holding me in his arms off a wooden dock. I break free from his hold swimming up to the top shivering a little because it was colder than I was prepared for. Luke swims just smiling a cheeky grin at me still proud with himself.

Before I could respond Chloe cheered doing a Canon Ball into the water near us. Carter followed after her clearly not fazed by the water at all. "I can't believe you threw me in. It's cold to me you crazy country boy." I throw water at my boyfriend but he threw some back smirking. He then chased after me through the water and I am not as fast as he was so he snagged his arms around my waist. Wrapping my arms around his neck my eyes trail down accidentally to see he was only in his shorts not wearing a shirt. My face turns red where I am thankful were in the dark so he can't see the results because he would absolutely be enjoying it.

"Hey you two. Chicken fights right now." Carter hollered out causing us to whip our heads their direction. Chloe got ontop of him leaving me to be on Luke's shoulder. Chloe and I grabbed each other's hands for balance with Luke challenging.

"Let's see which couple can stay up the longest yeah." We both nodded where I pushed her first but she pushed harder. Luke holds me steady so I give it everything I got managing to knock her off and Carter fell backwards too into the water.

"Boom we win!" I cheered in victory till Luke smirked up at me flipping me off his back and into the water. Swimming up I throw water in his face again but he tugged me forward crashing his lips onto mine. I sighed into it kissing him back draping my arms around his neck.

"I'd like to point out you wouldn't be kissing him over there if it wasn't for me." Chloe teased sticking her tongue out at me. Carter chuckled shaking his head at her words. Luke still holds me in his arms when I smirked towards my friend waving my index finger to the pair.

"Yeah well Chlo. You and Carter wouldn't have met if I didn't agree to go to that party. So hah, I win...dang it we're tied."

The four of us climbed back in the truck tired from running all day. Chloe was asleep against Carter while I messed with the radio finding one of the Luke's songs playing so I turned it up hearing him and Carter starting to sing. "All the girls next door. They'd meet us out there. They couldn't wait to get away. And come and let down their hair. We were rough around the edges. They were sweet as they could be. They were way too good. But they still let us steal a little kiss before they'd leave. Guess they thought we were cool because." Chloe and I joined in turning up the volume. "We'd drive too fast. We'd get too loud Yeah, we thought we made the world go 'round. Drop it down in four-wheel. Set up on a big hill. And make a toast, drink it down. Say, yeah man, we run this town." Luke ended singing a part by himself watching me watch him longingly with my chin resting in the palm of my hand smiling.

"From crazy kids to dirt road Kings. Oh, we didn't know nothin'. But we knew everything." I could lisen to him all night. I still can't see why Caroline said she couldn't be with him anymore. "We'd drive too fast. We'd get too loud. We thought we made the world go 'round. Nothin' but a bunch of time to kill. Set up on the big hill. Make a toast, drink it down. Say, yeah man, we run this town."

The rest of us joined in singing as high as we could in a fit of laughter throughout the truck on the way home. By the time we made it back to the hotel our friends were asleep in the backseat with the song ending on me singing solo. "High five and look around Damn right, we run this town. Man, I love you.." Luke undid his seatbelt hearing that I had changed the words at the end causing him to lean across the counsel kissing me again longingly.

Running my hands up his shirt I kiss him back laying my head against his chest sighing in relief when he kisses my forehead. "I love you too Y/n...more than I ever did Caroline." He smiled knowing that he wanted you to meet his parents before the tour kept going.

Comments really appreciated