I'm Callin' You Baby

"What has you smiling ear to ear?" Carter broke me from my trance sitting on one of the stools. "I'm heading to Y/n's parents place later tonight. To ask for their permission."

Luke had blindfolded me again when we got backstage where he rests a hand on my back leading me down the hallways and through two sets of doors. I decided to wear the same outfit I wore to the rodeo yesterday tonight to for his concert. He tugs me down some stairs where I almost fell so I gripped his forearms. "Luke, where are we going. You said you wouldn't let me trip." He chuckled holding me in place moving his hands up to remove the blindfolded. Pressing my hands over my mouth I squealed with happy tears with my parents and Luke's mom rushing up to me. Tate and Bo wrapped their arms around me when I dropped down on my knees hugging them. I was so confused as to why my parents and his family was here tonight. Normally they would video chat with me during the show but that was it.

"Why - how are you guys here. I mean this is crazy." I fling my arms around my mother who seemed to be holding in tears for some reason. My father hugged me ruffling my hair secretly giving Luke a look for a reason I didn't know.

Chloe snatched me a cameo baseball cap with Luke's signature on the back of it. Fixing my hair over my shoulder before putting it on my head and giving me a microphone. Two sets of security ushered me and Luke down a hallway with a lift to the stage. Bo and Tate waved to me following Chloe down towards the front row of the pit. Luke grabbed my hand before the lif started moving up and we could hear the thousands of fans chanting Luke's name. He wrapped his arms around me hoping to calm me down. Wrapping my arms around his neck I sighed in relief. He had told me that he wanted me to sing on stage with him again tonight so I agreed even though my heart is racing a mile a minute. "Aw, country girl, shake it for me. Girl, shake it for me. Girl, shake it for me. Country girl, shake it for me. Girl, shake it for me. Girl, shake it for me." Luke jumped off the tile singing his most popular song ever.

Sucking in a breath I started dancing alongside him moving my hips and staring into each other's eyes. "Somebody's sweet little farmer's child. With a gattle in her Bud to get a little wild. Pony-tail and a pretty smile. Rope me in from a country mile. So come on over here and get in my arms. Spin me around this big ole barn. Tangle me up like grandma's yarn. Yeah, yeah, yeah." The crowd cheers dancing around. Bo and Tate were swinging around on their grandmother and Chloe. Twirling in a circle until Luke grabbed my hand because I didn't realize he had switched to Drunk on You. "You're lookin' so good in what's left of those blue jeans. Drip of honey on the money make it gotta be. The best buzz I'm ever gonna find. Hey, I'm a little drunk on you. And high on summertime. Let's slip on out where it's a little bit darker. And when it gets a little bit hotter. We'll take it off all out in the water."

I blushed when he smirked making me flash back to the night in the lake of Kentucky. "Girl you make my speakers go boom boom. Dancin' on the tailgate in a full moon. That kinda thing makes a man go mmm mmmm. You're lookin' so good in what's left of those blue jeans. Drip of honey on the money make it gotta be. The best buzz I'm ever gonna find. Hey I'm a little drunk on you. And high on summertime. Yeah I'm a little drunk on you." I sang back with him still lightly blushing as he twirled me underneath his arm.

"Alright everybody tonight's last song is a new one that I did with Jordan Davis. But Y/n's gonna help me out." Luke threw his hand up in the air causing the crowd to cheer again. Throwing my head back I smiled gripping the microphone before grabbing a bottle of water. Luke grabbed one to with the band playing the toon. "A few days before he turned 80. He was sittin' out back in a rocker. He said, "What you been up to lately?" I told him, "Chasing a dollar". And in between sips of coffee. He poured this wisdom out.
Said, "If you want my two cents on making a dollar count. Buy dirt. Find the one you can't live without. Get a ring, let your knee hit the ground. Do what you love but call it work. And throw a little money in the plate at church. Send your prayers up and your roots down deep. Add a few limbs to your family tree. And watch their pencil marks. And the grass in the yard all grow up". I sang spinning around on the stage with Luke dancing alongside me , thankfully I had practiced this song because I wasn't expecting to be singing the whole night.

"'Cause the truth about it is It all goes by real quick. You can't buy happiness. But you can buy dirt. Before you get caught on that ladder. Let me tell you what it's all about. Find you a few things that matter. That you can put a fence around. And then he laid it out." Luke took over singing solo for a few seconds so I could catch my breath. Drinking my water quickly my eyes flickered to my parents who were almost bawling in tears that makes me smile. Spinning the microphone in my hands I stride up to my boyfriend joining him once again. He was wearing a white tea shirt with an orange guitar on the front, blue jeans and a black ball cap with a deer Skull logo on it. "Buy dirt. Find the one you can't live without. Get a ring, let your knee hit the ground. Do what you love but call it work. And throw a little money in the plate at church. Send your prayers up and your roots down deep. And add a few limbs to your family tree. And watch their pencil marks.
And the grass in the yard all grow up 'Cause the truth about it is. It all goes by real quick. You can't buy happiness. But you can buy dirt. You can buy dirt. And thank the good Lord for it. 'Cause He ain't makin' any more of it. So buy dirt. Find the one you can't live without. Get a ring, let your knee hit the ground..."

Luke trailed off causing me to gasp because when I twirled back around he was on one knee before me smiling. "Do what you love but call it work - oh God Luke!"

Everyone in the crowd started roaring wild like dogs. I dropped the microphone in my hands that makes a loud sound covering my mouth with my hands. This is insane right now. We have only been dating a few months and now he's on a knee in front of a thousand people. Luke holds the microphone up to his lips grinning up at me. "Y/n L/n, I love you. I fell in love with you faster than I did with my ex wife. You're a blast to hang out with. And great with my boys. I know we haven't been dating that long but I am truly sure it's you. You make me smile, laugh and don't mind when I mess with you. You're a shy girl but you shouldn't be because you sing like an angel. So I Thomas Luther Bryan am asking for your hand. You're the only girl I wanna call baby. Y/n, will you marry me?" He reaches into his pocket revealing my mamaw's wedding ring she gave me before she died. I always said I would wear it on my wedding day. This is why both our parents were here tonight.

For this exact moment. Everyone in the room fell silent where I could picture every single girl totally jealous that they aren't me. Tears slipped down my face when I squealed like I did the night of his concert in Indiana. "Yes...yes...of course I will Lukey." He rose to his feet slipping the ring on my finger picking me up and twirling me around in excitement. The entire stadium roars in cheering while we kept spinning around in circles overjoyed.

Hi readers this is one of my favorite chapters to write.

If you have any ideas send them in the comments

Comments really appreciated ❤️