Chapter 54

"off the clock"

Andrew's POV

"Andrew," Whitey called me from his office which made me walk into the room that had a big whiteboard in the corner that had plays written in red marker.

"Yeah, Coach," I replied as I adjusted my backpack strap.

"How are you?" He asked while looking at me intently.

"I'm good, it's like the injury never happened." I smiled as I stretched, gaining one from him as well before he spoke.

"That's good son but I'm not talking about ball. I meant how have you been since your uh," He paused, trying to decide if he should bring it up.

"Mom?" I questioned which made him nod his head before I continued to speak, "Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out things without her. You know sometimes I run into these situations where I think what would my mom do? I don't know I just feel like with any decision I make I'm letting her down."

"I understand that feeling, and I wish I can tell you that it'll get better soon, but unfortunately that isn't always the case." He said making me nod at his statement. "Yet that doesn't mean it won't get better it just means takes time."

"I got it." I put on a small smile and he just looked at me for a quick second before he spoke.

"Well with that being said I got something for you." As he grabbed a Raven jersey that was laying folded on the edge of his desk and tossed it to me.

I caught it and looked down at the top which revealed my number eleven with the bold C stitched on the right corner.

"You and Nate have come a long way from your freshman year. Both of you deserve that spot."

I grinned at the jersey one last time before turning my attention back to him. "Thank you, Coach. We won't let you down."

He smiled before I turned around to exit his office "And Andrew," He called out making me look bad at him. "You could never let your mom down." I flashed one small smile before continuing to leave the room.

I hope you're right, Whitey.

~

"Are you dumb?" I question as Nathan got himself a drink from his fridge. "You asked Keller to come back? So he could make things worse or what."

"So he could help Haley with her music." He answered making me shut up. "When Brooke came over the other day she told me that Haley was having a hard time with it which made me call Chris,"

"You know she's gonna say no, right?" I said making him furrow his brows. "C'mon Nate, Hales is focused on one thing and that is getting you back. And since she doesn't know the whole deal between you and Keller, all she sees is a way to worsen her relationship." I explain making him tilt his head with a slight nod.