Born Again

The new Doctor dashes to the console and flicks a few switches, checking the monitor.

"6 PM... Tuesday..." the doctor says.

Rose watches, half concealed by a pillar. While Nova stands at the console with a rather large grin on her face. The Doctor turns a knob.

"October... 5006... On the way to Barcelona!"

Nova smirks "yessss I've always wanted to go there and see the dogs with no noses" She crosses her arms over her chest looking at her dad "You promised when I was a little girl that you would take us but that never got to happen... I know that's not your fault but still, at least I finally get to go" she breaths out and mutters to herself "would be better if Noah was here as well but at least I have, dad now" then in her head she's thinking 'damn how is this the first time I've thought about him since I remembered who I was?'

But her comment goes unnoticed as the Doctor straightens up and faces Rose, grinning as if extremely pleased with himself.

"Now then... what do I look like?" Nova goes to say something, but he gives them no chance to reply before holding up a hand to silence them. "No, no no, no no no no no-no-no. No. Don't tell me."

Rose looks completely bemused while Nova is trying not to laugh. "Let's see... two legs, two arms, two hands..."

He tests his wrist, circling it "Slight weakness in the dorsal tubercle."

Hands fly to his head "Hair! I'm not bald!" Rose now looks shocked. The Doctor runs his hands through his hair gleefully. "Oh, Oh! Big hair!" Feels his sideburns, and looks, and sounds delighted "Sideburns, I've got sideburns! Or really bad skin. A little bit thinner..." He slaps his stomach. "That's weird. Give me time, I'll get used to it." With the air of someone making a most wonderful discovery "I... have got... a mole. I can feel it." By now Nova is struggling to keep a straight face with how excited her dad is about this but Rose, on the other hand, is breathing heavily. She looks scared. The Doctor seems not to notice. But Nova does "Between my shoulder blades, there's a mole."

Nova rolls her eyes "Dad, you're scaring her."

But the Doctor pays his daughter no mind right now still too hyped up from the regeneration he rotates his shoulders. Nova rolls her eyes again as the Doctor continues "That's all right. Love the mole."

He grins at Rose. "Go on then, tell me." He stands straight up before Rose, ready for assessment. His hair is all ruffled. "What do you think?"

Rose looks at him timidly and says in a quiet voice "Who are you?"

Nova shakes her head she should have known this wasn't going to go over very well. The Doctor looks at her slightly surprised "I'm the Doctor."

Rose shakes her head, not believing him "No... Where is he? Where's the Doctor?" She raises her voice "What have you done to him?"

"You saw me, I, I changed..." Indicates over his shoulder, the spot where he regenerated ... "right in front of you."

Nova rolls her eyes which she seems to be doing a lot lately "See this is why you should have explained the process to her before it happened" He looks at his daughter "I don't think you're helping the situation Novs."

She snorts with a shrug "Probably not but I am telling the truth."

Rose narrows her eyes at Nova slightly before looking back at the new Doctor "I saw him sort of explode, and then you replaced him, like a... a teleport or a transmat or a body swap or something."

The Doctor does not interject. He seems lost for words. Rose takes a few steps towards him. At arm's length, she pushes him in the chest. "You're not fooling me." The Doctor rocks back on his heels as though he cannot believe what he is hearing. "I've seen all sorts of things. Nano genes... Gelth." she looks darkly at him "Slitheen..." The Doctor and Nova both raise their eyebrows at that. "Oh, my God, are you a Slitheen?"