Chapter 1

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please forgive me!" Susamaru begged as she ran, tears in her eyes. She was forcefully stopped, as she felt something moving around in her stomach and chest. Suddenly, three large arms burst out of her, one from her stomach, one from her chest and one from her mouth. The one from her mouth grabbed her head and crushed it. The others smashed her body to bits and cancelled her regeneration, leaving her for the sun. As she was dying, she suddenly saw it, her family.

She was the byproduct of her mother being raped, so she was despised by her whole family. The only one who didn't hate her was her older sister, who taught her how to play ball. Over time though, she began to despise her like everyone else.

"Big Sis!" past her said, running towards her sister's room, "I have the Temari! I have the Temari! Let's play!" When she got there she saw her sister glaring at her.

"Why would I even want to play with you?" Her sister asked, "You hurt mom."

"I didn't mean to," she said.

"You are a mistake, you should not even exist."

"I just wanted to play," Susamaru whispered desperately, tears in her eyes "Let's play, please."

"Get lost," her sister said. Five year old Susamaru then ran, ran out of the house, ran past her family, who glared at her, and into the forest. She didn't know where she was going, only that she needed to get away.

She remembered running until the sun went down, until 'HE' found her, until she killed the better part of a village when she first turned. That's when she felt the sun's painful rays on what was left of her body, destroying her.

Susamaru found herself in a dark void. Behind her was a bright light, while ahead of her were the flames of Hell. Susamaru prepared to walk into the flames when...

"Poor girl. No loving family, forced to become a demon at the age of 5. There's no equivalency in that," a voice spoke, mockingly. Turning, she saw, between Heaven and Hell, a large door, she could have sworn wasn't there before, and a white outline of a person.

"Tell me girl, do you want a second chance?" Susamaru nodded.

"Do you think you deserve a second chance?" As much as she wanted to say yes, she knew deep down, she didn't. Slowly shaking her head, she turned to leave, when she heard the thing laugh.

"Correct! That's the right answer. You can go! If you had said, you thought you deserved it, then I would know you didn't." Turning, Susamaru saw the door opened and revealed a huge eye on the other side. Small, black hands reached out and pulled her in. The last thing she saw was the creature, grinning madly at her, before the whole world went black. The world stayed black for about five seconds, before she found herself underneath a blinding light. Opening her mouth to complain, all that came out was crying.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Elric, it's a girl!" Came a voice from above her, before she was moved and the thing underneath her was changed to something else. Looking up, she found herself in the arms of a pretty, brunette woman, with a blonde haired man behind her. Both look at her lovingly.

"She's beautiful," the woman, her new mother, said.

"Indeed," the man said, "Although she doesn't look like either one of us." Looking at a mirror on the wall, she saw that while her mother and father were a brunette with brown eyes and a blonde with golden eyes, respectfully, she still had her black hair and orange eyes.

"Could it be because of your condition?" Her mom asked.

"Possibly," he mused, "It may have caused a mutation on her genes. I wonder if any other side effects will happen in the future? For now, though, what shall we call her? Her mom thought for a moment.

"How about Layla?" Her dad smiled.

"I like it," he said, "Welcome to the world Layla."

*(Two Year Time skip)*

Susamaru, or Layla now, looked, down in awe at the small bundle in her mother's arms. Wrapped in a red blanket, was a little blonde baby.

"Layla," her mom said, "Meet your new baby brother, Edward." Layla reached out and grabbed her sibling's hand.

"Hi, Ed," She said, "I'm your big sister. I promise to be the best big sister ever!"

*(A Month Later)*

"Mommy," Layla asked, "Why don't I look like you or daddy or Eddy?" Trisha looked up from feeding Ed.

"That's because you were born special, Sweety," she said, "You're going to be such a beautiful lady when you grow up. All the boys will be chasing you."

"I don't want them to chase me," Layla said, "I'll beat up any boy who tries to chase me." Trisha chuckled at her daughter's tomboy attitude.

"But one day, there may be a boy you want to chase you," Trisha said.

"I don't think so," Layla said.

*(3 Months Later)*

"Daddy," Layla said, "Why do you smell different?" Hoenhiem frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"You smell like a bunch of different people," Layla said, "and anytime I'm really close, I can hear people talking." Hoenhiem's eyes widened, before he crouched down to her level.

"What I'm about to tell you is a secret. You can't tell anyone, okay?" Layla's eyes widened, and she nodded.

"You see, when I was a young man, I made a friend, he was really smart and said he would help me and the king. But, really he was lying, he took everyone in the country and put them in me and him. Then he changed himself to look like me. That's why you hear all those voices." Layla's eyes were huge.

"I'm sorry, you're all trapped inside, Daddy," she whisper shouted at the people trapped inside him. Hoenhiem heard the chuckles and comments from them.

"Now that you've told me a secret," Layla said, "I will tell you a secret..." And so, she told him about her past life, her death, and of the things offer.

"That explains a lot," Hoenhiem mused, "do you still have these abilities now?" Layla nodded, before summoning a temari.

"I might my demon regeneration, but I'm not will to test that."

"Makes sense," Hoenhiem said, "At least I know you can protect your siblings." Layla tilted her head.

"Siblings? But I only have Ed... OH MY GOD!" Layla shouted, putting two and two together. Hoenhiem smiled, picking up a glass of water and taking a drink.

"You guys move fast," Layla said, causing her father to choke.

*(Nine Months Later)*

Ed's eyes were wide, as he looked at his new baby brother. Looking up, he saw his sister's smiling face, and felt her hand ruffle his hair.

"What's his name?" Layla asked.

"Alphonse," Trisha said, "What do you think Ed?"

"Is he really, my baby brother?" Ed asked.

"If he isn't, mom has a lot of explaining to do," Layla said, causing Trisha to wonder where her daughter got her sense of humor.

Author's Note: What do you think? Good? Bad? Also, should I add a love interest? If so who? Should I add other reincarnated demons?